Front brake size

Pete5956

Hi,

My house mate has a leon cupra tdi, and he was wondering if the front brake discs and pads on the FR, are the same as the cupra tdi's?

If not does anyone know the correct size of the front brake discs and pads for the cupra tdi are, I think the front discs are 288mm but unsure what the pad size is!

thanks Peter

jskelton555

Feb 23, 2008
staffordshire
I have a 05 FR TDI which normally runs 288mm discs-discs and pads are same as cupra TDI so they all fit each other,petrol cupra runs brembos . Just changed mine for 312mm disc and carriers, these are much better and still use same pads. hope this helps.

gdjohny

Crazy Mechanical Engineer
Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
Hi
What parts do you need to upgrade to 312 mm if you run 288 mm brakes? Just the carriers and discs ??

jskelton555

Feb 23, 2008
staffordshire
Hi, thats right just carriers and discs, calipers and pads etc all the same, didnt bother changing splash shields, left originals on, vast improvement on 288s

jskelton555

Feb 23, 2008
staffordshire
I had aoctavia vrs before my leon and the brakes were great on that, always thought the fr tdi should have same so i changed them- cost £100, bargain upgrade at that price! now they are how they should have been from factory

markyboy76

Dec 30, 2010
the shires
Where did you get the parts?

I had aoctavia vrs before my leon and the brakes were great on that, always thought the fr tdi should have same so i changed them- cost £100, bargain upgrade at that price! now they are how they should have been from factory

Hiya John where did you get your brake upgrade parts from? Mine are toast!!! :D

markyboy76

Dec 30, 2010
the shires
I put a new wheel bearing on the NSF because it was whirring, new one was faulty had to do it all again, never ever had a faulty bearing before, perhaps I caught it wrong pressing it in or maybee it was just a bad one, I got another foc. Everything was siezed first go took some getting off, CV boot was split too and the clip in the driveshaft would not budge, lucky we got a HGV man who can swing a hammer :)

Other noise was the pads moving up and down in the carriers macking a clunking sound, was very loud, I put ptfe round em and its stopped, skimmed up the discs but had em almost on fire since, they just can't cope with the demand, shoulda done the brakes before the tuning. :think:

Oh and the clutch is slipping in 4th n 5th only under serious strain but its on its way, im in two minds whether to fit an uprated jobbie £600 or just go for a standard £118 both Sachs. My tuner said the standard should cope and will last a good while, im still unsure on that one.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise