My mk3 Ibiza Cupra... ko3s and D90's

djkorky

fresh to death
Oct 29, 2010
Ardrossan
So i bought this 3 months ago like this....

3ecbfa54.jpg

Already has a lot of work done engine wise including Star Performance re-map, Front mount intercooler, Stainless cat-back, Forge 007p, BMC CDA induction kit and some silicone hoses etc. Still running the standard turbo but holds about 16 psi on a good night...

It already had weitec coilovers so to dig the wheels out the arches i picked up some spacers for the rear as i think they look ridiculous without them, especially on standard rims, so ran it for a while like this....

f7f8cb33.jpg

bee4a6b8.jpg

Then on boxing day i picked up a set of team dynamics in good nick for not a lot of cash as i was sick of the standard rims, they look like this....

a46e3683.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

added a strut brace as well...

99aa820d.jpg

Thats pretty much it for now, hoping to get the front end freshened up soon so its looking good for when this years shows start, long term plans im thinking ko3s and another trip ti see the Star Performance boys for more boost!!! :clap:

Last edited:

djkorky

fresh to death
Oct 29, 2010
Ardrossan
Very nice, what size spacers did you use ?

Cheers mate, theyre 20mm on the back, i was looking for 15mm ones but a mate had these off his mk2 golf and gave me them cheap so sticking with them for now, ive very rarely got anyone in the back anyway (unless its my 7 month old son and his pram) so never get any buffing problems.

Slammed172

I assume the team dynamics are 16's, do you get problems with bottoming out over bumps or is the ride ok.

Just thinking about buying a mk3 and spacers and coilovers will be going on within the first week, lol.

djkorky

fresh to death
Oct 29, 2010
Ardrossan
I assume the team dynamics are 16's, do you get problems with bottoming out over bumps or is the ride ok.

Just thinking about buying a mk3 and spacers and coilovers will be going on within the first week, lol.

Yes mate 16's, 7j, et35. never any problems with that at all, very slight buffing on the back but as i say im gonna get 15mm spacers soon so should solve that little problem. Defo need spacers and coilovers, they look ridiculous as they come

Slammed172

Sorry for all the questions.

Is it just rear spacers. Or fronts as well.

djkorky

fresh to death
Oct 29, 2010
Ardrossan
Cheers for the comments lads, moneys tight but hoping to have it exactly the way i want in time for the first meets/shows in the summer, doing a wee bit at a time every month :)

Yeah its changed a bit since then dav, my mate had it for a couple of years before me so i take it he bought it from carl.

djkorky

fresh to death
Oct 29, 2010
Ardrossan
Done my timing belt and water pump today since it was quiet at work :) managed to pick up a reasonably cheap ko3s off edition 38 so thats going on over the next couple of weeks once i find the time then itll be off to the paintshop to get the front end tidied up, not much planned after that but maybe save up for some new shiny rims for summertime. im thinking schmidt th lines

djkorky

fresh to death
Oct 29, 2010
Ardrossan
I work in mccoonechys in saltcoats mate, used to work in largs, waterside motors and mcconechys actually. Yeah i got a ko3s anyway bud, the schmidts would look quality i think, defo only a summer wheel though!

djkorky

fresh to death
Oct 29, 2010
Ardrossan
Not much been happening on the car front really, been pretty skint :( Had a bit of bother on friday night when i went to overtake someone on the bypass and the car started to run on 3 cylinders, turned out to be number 4 coilpack but after replacing it it ran on 4 but was missing when on full boost.... so changed the plugs and fuel filter to rule them out and ordered another coil pack to try. as it turned out the new coil pack i bought was faulty and was breaking down under load so 4 new plugs, 2 coilpacks and 1 fuel filter later were sorted :clap: ko3s is next to go on before the rolling road day at the end of the month, also looking for some silicone hoses preferably in red if anyones got a set going cheap...???

djkorky

fresh to death
Oct 29, 2010
Ardrossan
Well i finally got round to fiting the ko3s today, had a half day at work so blitzed it this afternoon, sorry i never took any pics just wanted to get it done as quick as possible.. not took it much of a run yet, ill get it out tomorrow for a good run and make sure everythings good before the RR day on saturday.. luckily Sean and his brother stay round the corner from me so hopefully i can get a lift home if it all goes wrong :lol:

djkorky

fresh to death
Oct 29, 2010
Ardrossan
Good stuff! This car has already had one so close to being fitted by myself! Glad it finally has a decent turbo :)

You getting it mapped again?

Yeah in good time mate, funds are pretty low just now so its 1 thing at a time unfortunately, got a rolling road day tomorrow so we'll see how it fairs then once i get some cash together itll get mapped again. Picked up some porsche d90s today as well so ill get some pics once i get them on

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Was good meeting you today mate shame i missed your car on the rollers by the time i had put my print outs in the car he had closed the doors :(

Nice figures aswell :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.