Status
Not open for further replies.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I was at the Extreme Motorsport dyno day this morning, had a good run on the dyno, made 323bhp and 308lbft at 21psi (1.5 BAR), everything is spot on with the engine, sounded great on the dyno with some nice pops and bangs. I thought I had the boost set up at 1.7 BAR but since changing the air filter to a K&N from the Quikshift, boost seems to have dropped to 1.5 BAR?

I got rid of the Quikshift filter as I read that they don't filter down well enough and dirt getting through the steel mesh will eventually blow your engine. Easy enough fix though, will adjust it back up to 1.7 BAR.

323bhp is still good for only 21psi, pretty much exactly what Backdraft rate this kit at - 325bhp. I'm not disappointed with the figures, quite happy really - the engine is healthy, it pulls hard on the road right to the redline, traction is still good too and some scope for improvement/increase is still there.

Later this year I will most likely upgrade to a 2868 or 2871R for a bit more oomph! :D

s700 mcv

Jun 28, 2010
Wishaw
I got the impression the dyno was being rather conservative though mines being pulled off with 251 at 4,990rpm and only 16psi im pretty happy if it was that conservative hopefully a new maf and some stage 2 mapping will see around 300 on the standard k04

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Nice one Rob, would be interesting to see what difference the extra 0.2 BAR will make.
Do you have a copy of the graph to compare it to the hybrid GT2X one from Wallace?

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I got the impression the dyno was being rather conservative though mines being pulled off with 251 at 4,990rpm and only 16psi im pretty happy if it was that conservative hopefully a new maf and some stage 2 mapping will see around 300 on the standard k04

Yeah I saw a few guys scratching their heads, LCR's expecting 260 only got 230, 240 only getting 200 and so on. A remapped LCR should be putting out alot more than 230bhp!

If the dyno was reading around 30bhp lower (as most seemed to think) then that puts mine at 353bhp which seems more inline with what it feels like compared to my old turbo setup.

Last edited:

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Nice one Rob, would be interesting to see what difference the extra 0.2 BAR will make.
Do you have a copy of the graph to compare it to the hybrid GT2X one from Wallace?

I'll try and find it, but the GT2860RS was hardly trying at 21psi, wasn't even glowing on the dyno, the GT2X was completely maxxed out. The RS comes onto full boost at around 3200rpm and holds it to 7000rpm no problem.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
301g/s last time I checked it. 301 x 1.25 = 376bhp ... lol! Highly unlikely it's anywhere near that, but it feels like alot more than 323bhp from inside the car.

I'm not getting hung up on peak power on a dyno, as long as everything is healthy and I know what it's capable of on the road. Compared to my old setup it does feel like it's up around the 350 mark.

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Car sounded epic today Rob and how do you keep the engine bay so clean haha

I thought the dyno was spot on as mine read 264bhp on an unmapped hybrid and if your saying its 30 bhp out i doubt mine would be 294bhp doesnt feel like that anyways :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise