Coilovers DIY?

qwert

Jan 13, 2008
How hard are these to fit? Any special tools? I would consider myself above average diy/car stuff knowledge but don't want to try anything to ambitious. Otherwise what would a indie garage roughly charge? Cheers

qwert

Jan 13, 2008
Near Maidenhead in Berkshire, sometimes back in Cumbria, occasionally in Lancashire!

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Rears are easy. Fitting the fronts is easy too, but removing the originals is tricky as the struts are so damn long!

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Get a hub splitter tool. They're only something like £10 and will save you a load of grief.

D1x0n

Oct 18, 2010
bristol
ahhh right i see. creating a 'i want and will get list' lool. same here.
i looking into the vmaxx coils as for the price and what you get seem to be good stuff.
where abouts in bristol you from?

D1x0n

Oct 18, 2010
bristol
that the new or old bridge? i live in bradley stoke 5min away from cribbs. knw where that?

yeaa vmaxx ment to be good. average if you will.
people say stay away others love them. i cant win lol
so i just getting them and see what happends.
these are £367 from auto extreme. cheapest i could find while looking on my iphone.

phillpotts92

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice! :D
Oct 2, 2010
Bristol.
www.seatcupra.net
Old bridge buddy, yea know where that is and know quite a few people from there.

Racelands and rokkor get alot of peoples votes on here whereas alot say that ap are overrated and overpriced seeing as they are the same as fk!

racelands are budget set of coilovers with decent quality and a cruicial drop. (up to 120mm Front (not really likely to be done though for axle reasons etc..)).

D1x0n

Oct 18, 2010
bristol
could be a good shout.
the only probz is... is that they only drop 65mm (same as vmaxx) + need drop links?
and top strut thingys.lol

i hardly see no-one :(
o i dont know no more loool.
god why is modding sooo annoying lool.

Last edited:

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Old bridge buddy, yea know where that is and know quite a few people from there.

Racelands and rokkor get alot of peoples votes on here whereas alot say that ap are overrated and overpriced seeing as they are the same as fk!

racelands are budget set of coilovers with decent quality and a cruicial drop. (up to 120mm Front (not really likely to be done though for axle reasons etc..)).

Axel reasons?

Try doing it in the 1.9TDi, its squeeky bum time going over speedbumps/dips in the road etc incase your sump gets it :lol:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.