REVO Stage1 Leon Cupra R with added Quaife goodness plus more.....

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Might be doing my a/c this weekend if my mate has some spare time after a job him and scott are doing on the corrado.

You going to sell your stuff on or just keep it?

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
I since they done away with the for sale section bit of a shame as i sold alot of goods in there.

Saw that you had mentioned it must weigh about 15-20kg thats a fair amount of weight saved right there :)

small update

picked up my 18" Cupra R alloys last night..... in exchange for parting with some of my hard earned overtime funds :(

i am very very happy with my purchase.

i've taken a half day at work today to go home, do an oil & filter change on the car, remove and clean the jetex cone, change another dud coilpack :censored: and get the new rims fiited before giving the car a gutting inside and out for the rolling road session at extreme in whitburn tomorrow

will get some pics posted up once the new wheels are on :)

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Sounds good man, look at the Awesome GTI red coil packs - mine is spot on with them so far

WP_000019.jpg

pic as requested

car only made 232bhp with 257lbsft of torque yesterday on the rollers

with the boost figures produced on the dyno there is no way i can make the 250-260bhp i was expecting. 14psi at 6.5k........... something is wrong there. he did tell me that power and torque curves were good..... and AFRs were good...... just it was down on boost..... as soon as i hit peak boost it drops off far too quickly. the car is running revo stage 1 and i have an sps3 controller too with it on the hi boost settings :confused:

something is obviously not right here

possible boost leak somewhere???? i dunno....... need to do further investigating

Last edited:

djkorky

fresh to death
Oct 29, 2010
Ardrossan
Good day yesterday anyway mate eh? Hopefully theres something daft causing ur boost to drop off so quickly!! Whats ur next plans u changing the map?

i'm gonna check a few things 1st mate

need to see if its the requested boost from the map thats causing the problem or if maybe the actuator has seen better days and is causing the car not to hold boost well

binning the revo software in favour of jabbasport in the next few months anyway once i've got a badger5 3" TIP

Last edited:

djkorky

fresh to death
Oct 29, 2010
Ardrossan
i'm gonna check a few things 1st mate

need to see if its the requested boost from the map thats causing the problem or if maybe the actuator has seen better days and is causing the car not to hold boost well

binning the revo software in favour of jabbasport in the next few months anyway once i've got a badger5 3" TIP

Cool mate im sure itll be sorted soon :D You've got a pm by the way :think:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Hi Sean,

Car looks great in that pic, nice and low, tyres look cool with the writing on!

On your figures, 14psi defo isn't right there. Have you logged the car on vagcom or scanned it for fault codes? Possibly a boost leak. Can you hear any hissing like sounds on idle? Could also be faulty N75 or DV needs servicing etc. Sorry haven't read whole thread, are you running an 007p?

Aug 8, 2010
greenock
Car looked good yesterday mate just a shame about the numbers, but if your happy with how it drives on the road atm i wouldnt get to bothered about it

Hi Sean,

Car looks great in that pic, nice and low, tyres look cool with the writing on!

On your figures, 14psi defo isn't right there. Have you logged the car on vagcom or scanned it for fault codes? Possibly a boost leak. Can you hear any hissing like sounds on idle? Could also be faulty N75 or DV needs servicing etc. Sorry haven't read whole thread, are you running an 007p?

I did the writing on the tyres for a laugh... It actually looks better than i thought... Especially as i don't have horrible budgets any more lol

not got vagcom... Gonna see if there is anyone that's got it nearby and also hope they know what they're doing with it when it comes to logging. Did have it scanned on Friday and the only fault code is due to the decat pipe. I've just recently serviced the 007p and replaced the Green spring with a Yellow one too.

I can't hear any hissing sounds on idle but I think i'm gonna start checking every hose in the engine bay.

how much is a new n75 valve???

if the car is only making this power and still managing quick times at crail then i'd love to see what she would run like with 30 extra BHP

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I did the writing on the tyres for a laugh... It actually looks better than i thought... Especially as i don't have horrible budgets any more lol

not got vagcom... Gonna see if there is anyone that's got it nearby and also hope they know what they're doing with it when it comes to logging. Did have it scanned on Friday and the only fault code is due to the decat pipe. I've just recently serviced the 007p and replaced the Green spring with a Yellow one too.

I can't hear any hissing sounds on idle but I think i'm gonna start checking every hose in the engine bay.

how much is a new n75 valve???

if the car is only making this power and still managing quick times at crail then i'd love to see what she would run like with 30 extra BHP

Lol, well I quite like the writing on them :)

Hmm, well as that scan was so recent I doubt there's been a change, but you never know. Always handy to scan it as often as possible with vagcom really. I do mine quite a bit now mine's activated.

Worth checking the hoses, even the one's under the intake manifold etc, any vacuum hose is worth checking over.

Not sure on the price of an N75. Maybe give Dave at Sere Motors a shout on here for a price this week. Could be that.. as I don't think a fault with these shows up on vagcom either, bit like the MAF.

Haha, an extra 30bhp and subsequent torque would certainly improve your times once your on the move!

Lol, well I quite like the writing on them :)

Hmm, well as that scan was so recent I doubt there's been a change, but you never know. Always handy to scan it as often as possible with vagcom really. I do mine quite a bit now mine's activated.

Worth checking the hoses, even the one's under the intake manifold etc, any vacuum hose is worth checking over.

Not sure on the price of an N75. Maybe give Dave at Sere Motors a shout on here for a price this week. Could be that.. as I don't think a fault with these shows up on vagcom either, bit like the MAF.

Haha, an extra 30bhp and subsequent torque would certainly improve your times once your on the move!

i've got VCDS lite but i can't get it to work on my laptop as its windows 7 OS :(

i'm hoping someone got some rolling shots on the convoy to and from the rr yesterday at extreme...... reckon the writing would look good on the tyre while its moving :)

i'll drop dave an email...... also email bill to get a set of ds2500 for the front. when i was fitting the new wheels i had a look at the pads and i've got about 3-4mm left so gonna change them asap before i need to do discs aswell

driving to work yesterday........ car drops to 3 cylinders :(
get the car code scanned.... and it shows misfires on no.1, no.2 & no.4 cylinders!!!!!!!!!

turns out it was no.3 coilpack :cartman: dunno how that one worked out but car is running on all 4 again :) i really need to find something that will stop this engine eating coilpacks! might need to try the bolt down coilpacks next as they seem to last better than the push down ones.

the code scan also showed up that it is the boost control solonoid valve (n75) thats fubar... this is what was causing the boost issue. time to order one up and get this thing running 100% again

that is all people

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise