Dension Gateway 100 Fitting Issue

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Guys I need help! (I've also posted this in FAQ's section)

Car booked in this morning to have Gateway 100 GW16VC1 fitted & they can't get it working. I have standard MPS headunit.

Installer said has correct plugs & is charging iPod but the headunit won't recognise it & play any music.

Has anyone else had this problem & are we missing something? :shrug:

He's taken some photos & will speak to Dension on Monday as may just be dodgy unit.

I want to get this sorted ASAP as want to get it fitted next Sat latest as following weekend I've got 5 hour drive to Cornwall!!

Any help appreciated. Thanks

crusadersfc

Did the fitter remove the wee blue block that is connected to your aux socket and replace it with the one on the Dension

crusadersfc

basically swap the two blue blocks around as this is the music source

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Hi Kev

Sorry I'm an electrical idiot & didn't see the headunit when it was out! Which black wire? Does it come from the headunit or the loom?

Also, is your unit still working OK?

Thanks

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Hi Kev

Sorry I'm an electrical idiot & didn't see the headunit when it was out! Which black wire? Does it come from the headunit or the loom?

Also, is your unit still working OK?

Thanks

From memory the black wire was a single black wire on the harness that comes with the kit. I can't remember if it came from the blue connector side or the dension box side of the harness.
I put a ring terminal on mine and fixed it to one of the screws on the radio and it works great.
What model number ofkit did you get?
The first one I had I took back as it didn't work it was a gw16vw1 from memory.
Kev

DaveP

Small Member
Oct 3, 2001
Wiltshire
Visit site
I have a 300, the first unit they sent me was duff, spent ages trying various options thinking it was user error. Replacement worked a treat.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.