Passenger door won't shut

john600601

Hi. I have a 1.4se. Problem is I can't shut the passenger door! The latch has gone "click" with the door open and now the door won't shut into position. Is there a simple way to sort this or is it a SEAT assist call out? Can't drive to dealers as can't shut door. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
It depends where you are as to whether seat assist can help you. I belive you must be more than 2 miles from your home for the breakdown cover to be active. They will simply get AA to come and help you if you are more than that away, and if it something they cannot fix for you they should take you to your dealer.

john600601

No, I can't understand why if I pull the handle or press the unlock button the latch won't release. I will have another go and if not phone the dealers and ask their opinion. So annoying! Thanks.

john600601

Phew. Brute force with a large screwdriver has done it. Didn't want to force it too much as did seem very stiff but it's suddenly released itself. Might put some more lubricant on it. Thanks for all your quick replies. Just got the rattle to sort on the drivers door now!

Papamidnite

Feb 28, 2011
Here
Is your car still under the SEAT warranty? The rattle maybe a clip has come loose/pinged off. You may find the door may stay shut now, or jams.

Beenz

Sep 4, 2010
Chips n ham Wiltshire
Phew. Brute force with a large screwdriver has done it. Didn't want to force it too much as did seem very stiff but it's suddenly released itself. Might put some more lubricant on it. Thanks for all your quick replies. Just got the rattle to sort on the drivers door now!

Good to hear its sorted. Mine had a rattle from the drivers door, if it goes away when you slightly pull the inside door release its the cable thats too slack that runs from the interior release to the lock. It took my local dealer a couple of times to get it 'just right'.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.