Black Magic 2.0 TDi FR

Kuricko

Hello . I have the same car as you , and i want to ask you abou DPF filter , Is it DPF on or is out ?

danwilko90

Dakota Red Bocanegra
Dec 26, 2010
Seaham
How did you get your wheels done mate did you go to a garage or diy? I've got the candy white fr tdi and was fancying getting the wheels sprayed black think it would look alot better.

Apr 23, 2010
Here
Did a deal with the dealer before I signed for the car, they powder coated the original wheels. Have a search on here or the net, there's plenty of places that will do them.

Apr 23, 2010
Here
My remap was £300, but it's normally £250 but my ECU had to be removed due to the security software not being cracked at the time.

Lowering yes, but not yet.

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
Which exact sidelight bulbs did you go for? wanting to change mine too (I hate the yellow tint they have at the moment). Is the bulb warning light still off after fitting?

You managed to pick out some new headlight bulbs yet too? wanting to change those at the same time but dont know where to start! :)

Apr 23, 2010
Here
I used mtec bulbs for the sides, they are a little blue but ok.

I've changed the mains to Ring Xenon Max 100%, they seem pretty good and the range has increased.

Have a look at the FAQ threads in the Mk5 section, there's a guide in there ;)

Cornish Pixie

Loving Dirty Derv Power
Apr 29, 2011
North Wiltshire
My remap was £300, but it's normally £250 but my ECU had to be removed due to the security software not being cracked at the time.

Lowering yes, but not yet.

Hi hope you don't mind me asking, is the remap detectable by dealers when servicing the FR?

I have just taken delivery of a new FR and was considering a mild remap, but want to make sure it's non detectable and can't be "wiped clean" during servicing.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Pixie

Apr 23, 2010
Here
Hi hope you don't mind me asking, is the remap detectable by dealers when servicing the FR?

I have just taken delivery of a new FR and was considering a mild remap, but want to make sure it's non detectable and can't be "wiped clean" during servicing.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Pixie

It's unlikely they would find it during regular servicing, it's not something they would look at. Even if they do look for one, the maps are hard to find although not impossible. Also you don't have to use stealers for your servicing ;)

If SEAT release an ECU update they could flash it over and wipe the map, however most reputable mappers will put it back free or for a very small sum.

Hope this helps

Cornish Pixie

Loving Dirty Derv Power
Apr 29, 2011
North Wiltshire
It's unlikely they would find it during regular servicing, it's not something they would look at. Even if they do look for one, the maps are hard to find although not impossible. Also you don't have to use stealers for your servicing ;)

If SEAT release an ECU update they could flash it over and wipe the map, however most reputable mappers will put it back free or for a very small sum.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply, very helpful, just need to find somebody who is reputable close to Chippenham now :)

Apr 23, 2010
Here
Thanks for the reply, very helpful, just need to find somebody who is reputable close to Chippenham now :)

BTW, at the moment it is an ECU out job to remap these cars, it can't be done through the OBD port................yet.

Try Badger 5, he's one of the dealers on here.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2010
Here
Thanks, not quite the same pull as your pocket rocket though :D

Was good to meet you, splinter and Phil on Friday

Apr 23, 2010
Here
Went for a RR day with TDiSport.com at CC tuning, result below :)

scan0001-1.jpg

Cornish Pixie

Loving Dirty Derv Power
Apr 29, 2011
North Wiltshire
BTW, at the moment it is an ECU out job to remap these cars, it can't be done through the OBD port................yet.

Try Badger 5, he's one of the dealers on here.

Hi - thanks for the additional info, will pm Badger5 and see what he has to say.

Good results on the RR the other day.

Pixie

K03heco

I love the look of the rear on these, and thats a big lump of torque. I've never driven a diesels but after looking at the Torque I really want one as a daily now. Very good looking car ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.