Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Got these through today hopefully fitting them tomorrow oh and they are 6K also got new sidelights aswell cheers for the links Scott :whistle:

2011-03-18195631.jpg

Also got round to fitting my new tip this time i decided not to cut anything off the tip so i have slightly moved the coolant pipe it fouls, but it now rubs against the tip :doh: I found some heat shielding i removed ages ago so i rapped that round the tip and all is good now!

Still waiting to hear back from the guy i have chosen to map the car i meant to phoned him today but been busy so i will ring him tomorrow and hopefuly he will be happy to accept the job :D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Exciting times.
Has you chosen mapped mapped a KO3 Hybrid before?
Did you find out what actuator spring you have?
If not you'll definitely need a manual boost controller.
Hugely spiky turbo and not easy to map safely without rods, adjustable actuator and MBC.

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
I will need to ask if hes mapped a hybrid before
Its a 12psi actuator spring i never realised i could of asked for a different spring when it was getting done :doh:
MBC will most likely be on the shopping list
I was thinking about an actuator from Forge but unsure if it will fit.
Im currently saving up a bit of money for rods right now and i think the engine will be coming out in the summer and ill just send it off to a company to do all the work rather than try do it myself as its the re-honing of the bores and fitting new piston rings i dont trust myself with.

I will update this when i get in touch with John about mapping.

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Got the HID's fitted yesterday and what a difference they make its improved the looks of the car aswell imo as there not too bright which i was a little worried about.

After the remap my mates going to remove the air con and get round to fitting my braided brake lines ive had sitting for a while.

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Sounds daft but im planning on keeping the car i want to try college again next year and i pay the car off so it will be mine all i need to do is run it. Stuck in a dead end job on finance is not good

I was aware it was 15-20kg as the radiator and pump would be coming out?

On a side note are the rear callipers on a v6 audi tt the same as the lcr?

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
That's fair enough. Was just a thought. Doubt it'll be 15kg though.

2wd or 4wd tt?
2wd is the same, 4wd is slightly different but they'll do the job on your car

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Went to a RR day at extreme on saturday and the car pulled a nice 264.5bhp with 276lbft bear in mind this is on an unmapped k03s hybrid and on standard injectors. Its 227bhp at the wheels which i feel is impressive really happy with the results. I cant wait to see what this makes once it has been mapped and bigger injectors put in 270+ and ill be happy :D

I only put the car on to see how it was running and everything is bang on except boost which is all over the place as you will be able to see in the graphs when i put them up.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Gutted your not coming down here to have it mapped any more, damn John for going up your way haha Sounds mint, 17hp more than mine atw just by bolting it on and nothing else, will be great when mapped, I'm sure John will do a class job!

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Here are the graphs i dont know what ive done with my scanner so had to use the phone im affraid but you can see the curves. I said to John when it went on the rollers if it spiked over 25psi to cut the throttle as i didnt want to be cleaning up his rollers :whistle:

BHP
2011-03-28201723.jpg

Boost
2011-03-28201711.jpg

As you can see in the graph the boost is a bit wild just now but im hoping the map will sort it out

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
Went to a RR day at extreme on saturday and the car pulled a nice 264.5bhp with 276lbft bear in mind this is on an unmapped k03s hybrid and on standard injectors. Its 227bhp at the wheels which i feel is impressive really happy with the results. I cant wait to see what this makes once it has been mapped and bigger injectors put in 270+ and ill be happy :D

I only put the car on to see how it was running and everything is bang on except boost which is all over the place as you will be able to see in the graphs when i put them up.

If I keep in mind that you have standard injectors, your RR numbers are far off.

The standard injectors on this engine are capable of 215-max 220hp then you have used up all possible injection duration with these small units.

The k03 "s" is officially rated to max. 215hp by kkk,the manufaturer of this turbo, some of these hybrids are up to 260hp with a bunch of supporting mods, like injectors, highflow downpipe, exhaust.....

Unless of these to high RR readings for stock injectors, your boost problems may be because of the soft intake hose after the MAF, if its still original.
Better use a Forge intake hose which is stiffer.

Other scenarios might be fluttering wastegate valve, bad igniton ( knocking), bad MAF readings, N75 or N 249 misfunction and so on....

Regards, Alex

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members