My Cupra R kitted Leon - Few more pics 24/5/11

Turf Burner 09

Jun 8, 2009
Carrickmore , NI
Few small updates, purchased a fabia rear wiper, golf 4 aero wipers. Serviced the car and fitted the new brakes and gave the car a good clean and took some pictures with a friends civic. Comments good and bad welcome. :p

Leon-Civic048.jpg

Leon-Civic001.jpg

Leon-Civic003.jpg

Leon-Civic004.jpg

Leon-Civic015.jpg

Leon-Civic017.jpg

Leon-Civic020.jpg

Leon-Civic043.jpg

Leon-Civic045.jpg

Turf Burner 09

Jun 8, 2009
Carrickmore , NI
Few updates, had a bit of a ding back before xmas, slid into the corner of the pillar outside my house and cracked the front bumper. [:@] Car went downhill from then and got a bit neglected but never fear i have tidyed everything up and its mint again :clap:

Few small things to do now, black "s" badges front and back, mudflaps off, lamin x on headlights and HIDs (anyone recommend any certain brand etc?)

NewProgress013.jpg

NewProgress018.jpg

NewProgress020.jpg

NewProgress038.jpg

Comments good and bad welcome, constructive critisim would be even better lol

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Transformation is AWESOME!

Difference is night and day

Wheels are just special matey, didnt think they would work but they are perfect!

My personal taste - Not a fan of light brows or the Rebadging at the rear.

I may be tempted to get the centres of the wheels painted to suit the roof and mirrors but polish the outer rim

Turf Burner 09

Jun 8, 2009
Carrickmore , NI
Transformation is AWESOME!

Difference is night and day

Wheels are just special matey, didnt think they would work but they are perfect!

My personal taste - Not a fan of light brows or the Rebadging at the rear.

I may be tempted to get the centres of the wheels painted to suit the roof and mirrors but polish the outer rim

I may take the eyebrows off to see what the car looks like without them but i think they make it more aggresive looking, only a few screws at the end of the day. I debadged the boot and thought it looked a bit bare so just put that badge on to see what it looked like. Its sitting close to level, im going to try and lower the front a tad more and see how it settles. Exhaust is simply a decat with no back box and tailpiece welded on. You could go dark antracite with the polished lip. Would look mental :clap:

Cheers anyway mate. :D

Last edited:

Lee_EP82

Love this mate some inspiration for when i get mine :) Azevs are so nice. I think the eyebrows give it more of an aggressive look from a distance.

Turf Burner 09

Jun 8, 2009
Carrickmore , NI
Few updates, passed mot last week and had a big push for DubShed 2011.. So i got the car detailed on saturday and got to work for the show the very next day... Had to lower the car again, refit the exhaust and put the newly painted splitter back on... Badges also went gloss black... Finally got the car finished 4am sunday and was on route to the show at 630am... Didnt get much sleep lol

Pics below - forgive me for the random assortment of pics, there is a few from different sites/forums but they really show the car off IMO.

dubshed-326.jpg

dubshed-331.jpg

0008.jpg

armaghcrusie-1.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Static Drop The Only Way lol! ... Driving it is a nightmare now, speedbumps are JUST passible lol

Last edited:

bildo

Feb 23, 2010
I don't have a clue how you manage to run that, mine is still standard height and there are two places that I can't avoid the splitter scraping on my trip to work each day.

Got a lot of time for that though, looks fantastic, the eyebrows remind me of a transformers look haha. Love the wheels too, great job!

minty23

low and definatly slow
Oct 20, 2009
Battle, East Sussex
nice work defo get some azevs ive been trying to find some aswel to spray in black. im guessing your running droplinks? also where and how much did you pay for the rear bumper?

s_purs

How much clearance do you have on your front bumper?! How on earth do you get over speed bumps?!

Looks amazingly shiney in the first pics above, love it. The glossed splitter looks immense too! Buying one for my car tomorrow, might gloss it up before I put it on, hmm..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members