Cat Back or Turbo Back

smithsc

Nov 2, 2009
Huddersfield
Hi Guys

Just been talking to a guy at longlife and been offered a good price on both Cat back and turbo back exhaust for my cupra. My question is, is it really worth the difference to go turbo back? Any help would be appreciated

andy fr180

youbeen smoked ;]
Apr 21, 2010
anglesey
Hi Guys

Just been talking to a guy at longlife and been offered a good price on both Cat back and turbo back exhaust for my cupra. My question is, is it really worth the difference to go turbo back? Any help would be appreciated

if you have remapd ets in the car i woud go for a turbo back,,it will sound better and be a bit more responsive i shud think m8,,whats the prices?? sorry bout my speling,,im welsh :lol:
Photo0066.jpg

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
No spell checks for the Welsh?:blink:;)

The downpipe and cat are very restrictive, youll get a straight 10bhp improvement but with a decent custom/stage 2 map should get your figures up to around 240bhp.

andy fr180

youbeen smoked ;]
Apr 21, 2010
anglesey
Turbo back but think about the cat at mot times.

a biger dp and sport decat will pass mot ye?? it was fine on my bros fr for mot,,and 2.5" turbo back sounds nice on his,,you cn hear the turbo spool up from the back thru the tail pipe:)

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
a biger dp and sport decat will pass mot ye?? it was fine on my bros fr for mot,,and turbo back sounds nice on his,,you cn hear the turbo spool up from the back thru the tail pipe:)

Mate seriously.... text speak/ poor spelling makes it hard to read your posts and isnt allowed... check the rules.

andy fr180

youbeen smoked ;]
Apr 21, 2010
anglesey
Mate seriously.... text speak/ poor spelling makes it hard to read your posts and isnt allowed... check the rules.
woud i need a cat on my fr tdi??/ wanted to put a 2.5" strait thru from turbo on it with no box,,what you think?? woud i gain power or the same??

smithsc

Nov 2, 2009
Huddersfield
Right been offered the full for £400 which I thought was a good price. The guy at longlife is putting a piece of pipe in where the cat is with 4 bolts so when MOT comes round I just undo bolts and put the cat back in. So you all think full turbo

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
Right been offered the full for £400 which I thought was a good price. The guy at longlife is putting a piece of pipe in where the cat is with 4 bolts so when MOT comes round I just undo bolts and put the cat back in. So you all think full turbo

personally unless you only want abit more noise , i'd always get turbo back , cat back doesn't really give you much gains slightly better throttle response but no gains really

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members