Headlight Lens Colour on Cupra..?

TJaxx

Ibiza Cupra TDI
Feb 17, 2011
Northampton, UK.
Helloooo, I've got a a query about my '05 Cupra. A few weeks back I noticed that the driver and passenger side headlights are a very slightly different colour.

The pictures show you that the driver's side is clear, whereas the passenger side has a slight blue-ish tint to it:

Drivers:

DriverSide.jpg

Passenger:

PassengerSide.jpg

It's clear that one is a replacement, but I'm just wondering which one is the original Cupra one as it's causing my HIDs to be very slightly different colours?

Thanks guys, I appreciate any help! :)

D1x0n

Oct 18, 2010
bristol
Its the exact same on my 05 cupra. Passy side as gt blue/green tint where drivers side has nothing and is clear. No idea why tho. It strange looool

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
That's strange, I have no idea why they would do this? Haha. :D

They fade over time and go green... both my original ones were the same.

It looks like your drivers` side has been replaced, it looks much fresher than the other... and looking at your panel gaps your bumper has been off at some point (needs to come off for headlight replacement).

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
It's clear that one is a replacement, but I'm just wondering which one is the original Cupra one as it's causing my HIDs to be very slightly different colours

always found hid's to warm up at different rates and appear different colours at first on several cars but letting them warm up for a while helps them settle - even mixed em up in the past and still got same ?

can't see that inner piece affecting the color though as it's not a reflector surely? :confused:

TJaxx

Ibiza Cupra TDI
Feb 17, 2011
Northampton, UK.
They fade over time and go green... both my original ones were the same.

It looks like your drivers` side has been replaced, it looks much fresher than the other... and looking at your panel gaps your bumper has been off at some point (needs to come off for headlight replacement).

Panel gap was due to me taking the pictures whilst in the process of putting it back on after fitting HIDs. I took the lights out to do it. :)

always found hid's to warm up at different rates and appear different colours at first on several cars but letting them warm up for a while helps them settle - even mixed em up in the past and still got same ?

can't see that inner piece affecting the color though as it's not a reflector surely? :confused:

Mm yea I'm going to leave them a while and see what happens, may sort itself out. As for it affecting the colour, I wasn't sure if a slight tint may distort the light colour, but it's most likely the bulb now.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
I've got one black and one blue-ish light, the black one was a brand new light, the blue-ish one was used, so I guess it is just that they fade over time.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Panel gap was due to me taking the pictures whilst in the process of putting it back on after fitting HIDs. I took the lights out to do it. :)

Ah I see. Still, it looks like the drivers` side is new and the passengers` is faded.

ed_barnes

both of mine have a little blue tint but i think it looks really good

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.