SEAT 7 day free insurance

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
I received the phone call today, not the one that says "you have won a luxury cruise, all you have to do is phone this premium rate number" but the one that says "your car should be with us in about 1 week to 10 days". I then asked if they would need my insurance details to sort out the road tax and was told not to worry as SEAT give you 7 days complimentary insurance. Has anybody else used this service and if so is it as straight forward and hassle free as my dealer suggested?

M88JCP

Hi Andrew

Yes it was very straight forward for me, the dealer should give you a phone number and their dealer number, and you just call them up, give them a start date and then the insurance company fax's all the details to the dealer ready for pick up.

Thanks
James

Whitechapel

Adam Hilton
May 5, 2009
York/Kingston
I used this and its very straightforward like other suggested, mainly to get me back home and give me time to find an insurer, was very useful :)

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
We've used the Mercedes free insurance a couple of times when getting the Smarts.

Still changed over our own insurance and used that but the dealer always recommends using the free insurance to tax the car as they get the certificate sent straight through instead of having to wait for a cover note/certificate from your own insurer.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
It is common acros most marque's these days, quite painless and just revert to your insurance afterwards - if it is cheaper [sometimes it is cheaper for a year]!!