intercooler

carlos 180

Hi all my ibiza is runniing at 235bhp at the min an im looking at getting a little bit more out of it.Would a new intercooler help as ive been told a hole load of different things an my head is all confused as wot to do:confused:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Engine? 1.8T (20vt) I assume. FR or Cupra. A bigger, front mount intercooler (FMIC)will help keep intake temps down which is good for performance. Either a Seat Sport FMIC or Forge jobbie will do the trick! If you have a Cupra, you will already have the Seat Sport FMIC!

Here is the SS cooler next to an OEM side mounted intercooler (SMIC)

FMIC0055.jpg

carlos 180

hello mate. Its the cupra ive got and also im after other tuning tips if poss ive owned the car for 3 years and i didnt even know it had already been re-mapped untll i took it in to be done and the people were honest enuff to tell me instead of just taking my money and saying they had done it:lol:.

thanks for your help
carlos

Last edited by a moderator:

carlos 180

Thanks matey any ideas as to where i start looking for these mods as im new to this tuning game:lol:. ive recently stopped the motorcross racing and im looking for the same acceleration thrill now in my car.

thanks
carl

Silicone Turbo Intake Pipe - See Forge for that one (Forum Sponsor)

Better flowing exhaust and Downpipe - I went 2.5" custom with sports car and 3" downpipe but Miltek gets great reviews for an off the shelf solution (A few Forum Sponsors have this)

Air filter / Cone Filter - Green Cotton or Jetex seem to get the best reviews. Cone filter for a little more diverter valve noise (A few Forum Sponsors have this)

Better air intake - A lot of folk seem to take the intake pipe from a PD160 (i think), not done it myself and looking down another route.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Better air intake - A lot of folk seem to take the intake pipe from a PD160 (i think), not done it myself and looking down another route.

No need for the PD160 intake of fitting an open cone filter.

As MrNorma said, need to help the engine breath better (so air in and exhaust gases out) So:

Open cone filter + Forge TIP

Milltek turbo-back exhaust with high-flow cat.

Forge intercooler pipework (Forge do replacement intercooler pipework for the restrictive OEM stuff. With a Cupra model, you only need one pipe that sits on top of the crash bar and goes from intercooler to the throttle body/intake manifold)

Then get your car mapped to suit the mods. This will take you to stage 2... happy days! :funk:

carlos 180

thanks guys u have helped me such alot ill get on the case now to get the ball rolling:D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members