REVO Stage1 Leon Cupra R with added Quaife goodness plus more.....

Another coil pack munched by the yellow submarine :lol: what is it with this car and coilpacks!

it was a spare used one i had left sitting, it got replaced with a genuine bosch number, £21 it cost me.

one of the guys at GI Motorsport said they were gonna check if "plasma projects" coils have an application for the 20VT engine.

it is actually depressing having a car that does this all the time. am i gonna have to go back to carrying spare coilpacks all the time :( i went 7months without having to replace one and now i've done 2 in a matter of weeks :(

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I would doubt the ambient heat would be affected greatly by a 3" air feed.

Have you checked to see the spark plugs are in right?
Peoples coil packs used to pop before and always wondered if it was due to not tightened spark plugs.

Seems like some people have coil pack problems and others don't with no rhym or reason

i think i'll check the plugs after work today. remove each one and give them a check, also need to remember and take my set of feeler gauges home and check the gap is correct on them.
what is the required gap on spark plugs???

also if i remember correctly there is not a lot of lagging around the turbo area in my engine bay, could this also affect the coilpacks with all the extra heat off the red hot turbo not being shielded away from the coilpack area

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
i think i'll check the plugs after work today. remove each one and give them a check, also need to remember and take my set of feeler gauges home and check the gap is correct on them.
what is the required gap on spark plugs???

also if i remember correctly there is not a lot of lagging around the turbo area in my engine bay, could this also affect the coilpacks with all the extra heat off the red hot turbo not being shielded away from the coilpack area
I've always bought OEM plugs for mine which are pre gapped.

The OEM shielding should be a minimum, more even better

I've always bought OEM plugs for mine which are pre gapped.

The OEM shielding should be a minimum, more even better

i see...... i've got NGK irridium plugs. what plugs are 'OEM' ones??

with regards to the shielding, it looks like some of it is missing. i had a look at my mates LCR engine bay and his seems to have more shielding around the turbo. could this be due to the fact that i've had my turbo off to have a new exhaust manifold fitted and its not been fitted back on afterwards?

well on friday after work i decided to pop the bonnet and pull all the coilpacks off and remove the spark plugs to see what kind of condition they were in.

they have covered around 15k and were in quite good condition, a little build up of carbon, but overall looked good. i gave them a quick wirebrush up, checked the gaps were all the same, around 0.7mm, and fitted them back in.

ran each plug in and tightened by hand, then gave them a 1/4 turn with the ratchet. popped each coilpack back on and then fired her up with no issues.

just waiting til Thrusday (payday) then i'll order up a new n75 valve and hopefully the boost issue will be rectified :)

c-n-d21

Nov 2, 2010
Renfrewshire
Sean when you done your fmic where did you get the crash barrier did you get 1 from forge or did you get 1 from a scrap and mod it yourself as i might be gettin the fmic but it needs the crashbar any help would be good mate :)

you can buy the crash bars from forge seperately.
i just modified the one i have as the FMIC will probably never be removed from the car.
you could get one from a scrappy and mod that so you still have an intact one

Alright mate thnx very much now to see if i wanna part with £400 haha

do it!!!! you will not regret it once its done, what a difference it makes to the car.

i picked up my forge intercooler and map sensor pipe for 320quid but that was with a 15% discount before the VAT was added on.

then i was about 220quid for 3 samco bends, hardpiping, the mounting of the intercooler and the modding of the crashbar to suit the cooler at GI Motorsport in Kilmarnock.

c-n-d21

Nov 2, 2010
Renfrewshire
Well i think i am the guy said £450 for the big race cooler pipes a bov a tip and some other stuff lets just hope hes not bulls***ing me and gonna rape my money.

well a new stock n75 valve is on its way to me as we speak :)
ordered it last week from dave @ sere motors so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow at the latest.
hopefully this cures the boost issue i have with the car, if not then its back to the drawing board :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise