metal vibration from under LCR

mookster

May 29, 2010
I've got a similar noise at the moment but it is caused by bumps / poor road surface not engine revs. Is it still likely to be exhaust hangers or heat shield?

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Pretty east fix tbh! Just get some of that metal wire I posted a pic of on page 1 of this thread and wrap it round the exhaust till its tight then crimp it.

onapper

It could be the exhaust brackets, depends on like the sound it makes, if it's more of a tinny sound the it's the heat shield. if not then it could be the mounts like it has been mentioned.

yellow banana

I've got a similar noise at the moment but it is caused by bumps / poor road surface not engine revs. Is it still likely to be exhaust hangers or heat shield?

Sorry to high jack your thread mookster[B)]. I have the same problem. But if I apply pressure to brake pedal. Sound dissappears. Check can find anything loose. Any ideas to try and point me in the direction of this so called vibration/rattle.

greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
mine did similar for a few weeks... then my back box fell off :'( lol luckily everything was still in perfect condition apart from one rubber bush :p

Feb 20, 2010
ipswich
Just looked under the car, one of the bolts for the lower heatshield has degraded/snapped off, and it is definately the culprit, my advice, when rattling occurs under the car, especially when cold, check the heatshield. I know my solution... de-cat!lol

Decat my thoughts exactly only £99 on ebay

cuprastoffs

Sep 12, 2011
Edinburgh-ish
Pretty east fix tbh! Just get some of that metal wire I posted a pic of on page 1 of this thread and wrap it round the exhaust till its tight then crimp it.

Even easier just pull it off. I cant see a reason to put a heatshield on the bottom of the cat anayway.:confused:

PSX

Sep 20, 2009
Possible reason for the cat heatshield - in some cars, especially lowered and sports models (think TVR) - it's possible that parking over leaves or other potentially flammable things could set them alight unless the heat radiating from it is diffused somehow...

Alex

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise