lowered leon's

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
I've gone with Eibach this time on the Leon (due to poularity), I had H&R on a previous Golf - KW on a Touran - all decnet quality.

Spax must be the cheaper end so probably go for one of the better makes for the money.

Ryan20

Sep 28, 2009
Hampshire
Hi

Thank's for the advice yea what thing that about Spax but sometimes the cheap stuff can be pretty good

My m8 at work has got Eibach on he's Vauxhall Astra SRi Sporthatch Diesel and they look great but didn't know if there was any better 1's out there H&R and KW look good but Eibach seem's to be the 1's that every uses soo i'll give it a look at

Thank's for the advice

Ryan

steroidchris

Feb 14, 2011
Brierley Hill
Get Eibach sportslines and avoid the prokit.
with the sports lines you get the sporty look without the crashy ride over road imperfections.

The pro kit aren't that bad. The amount of drop is just what I wanted, now they've settled. The ride is no worse than the standard FR springs, so no comfort loss.

FR_Flavoured

On mine, when choosing which Eibach kit to go with, I didnt want to lower it on the Po kit, only to decide it doesnt look that much lower than standard.

So, I opted for the (lower) Sportlines. The car has a definate sportier stance - not stupidly low, sits very nicely.
Can get over speed bumps and up/down multi-story car parks fine. Pleased I made this choice.

(I've also had about 8 packs of attic floor boards stacked up in the back, with the rear seats down, with my car on the Sportlines, even then there was no rubbing).

fr_jay

May 31, 2010
The pro kit aren't that bad. The amount of drop is just what I wanted, now they've settled. The ride is no worse than the standard FR springs, so no comfort loss.

i was getting worried then ive bought pro kits too..

steroidchris

Feb 14, 2011
Brierley Hill
I went for the pro kit over the sportlines because I was concerned it was going to look like a Chav mobile (although people have pics on here that prove otherwise) and was also concerned about a 50mm drop causing problems to the shocks (again, people on here having no problems). Call me "over cautious".

Now that they've settled, there is a difference in height. Just waiting on my 18's to arrive to fill those arches up now.

FR_Flavoured

I went for the pro kit over the sportlines because I was concerned it was going to look like a Chav mobile (although people have pics on here that prove otherwise) and was also concerned about a 50mm drop causing problems to the shocks (again, people on here having no problems). Call me "over cautious".

Now that they've settled, there is a difference in height. Just waiting on my 18's to arrive to fill those arches up now.

It would take alot more than just a set of Eibach's, to turn the Leon into a chav mobile! ;)

fr_jay

May 31, 2010

same here ive got 17s needing some 18s i want the orions but theyre 900 smackers at least... so ill have to save again only just spent a k on springs paintwork spoiler,splitter spacers n fittings..

Ryan20

Sep 28, 2009
Hampshire
i've just sprayed my pavolis alloy's black i'm like you i want some BBS alloy but can't afford to sell mine then get some BBS at nr £1200 lol

Ryan20

Sep 28, 2009
Hampshire
yea me too as long as they are a good quality then count me in oh in respound to somebody saying that a Leon couldn't loook chavie being loaded i agree and would like to prove how far from being a chav car the Leon is with this picture

Chavmoble.jpg

FR_Flavoured

It's funny isn't it how the Subaru has developed this "reputation" for being associated with boy racers and chav'ness!? :D

The cars themselves are very well made vehicles, strong engines, plus as we all know, blisteringly quick too!

Yet over the years have now this image around them. Perhaps it's because more basic spec'ed ones can be bought relatively cheaply, yet still look sporty. So you often see chav types driving them? :confused: !?!?!?!?

Ryan20

Sep 28, 2009
Hampshire
yep round where i live m8 :lol: i'm not gonna lie i will say that when my m8 bought this car i liked it but he treat's it like a piece of ****

in the 1st 6month's of owning this car he manage to blow the Turbo and last week he broke a brake pipe and which in turn ****ed the brake servo up lol because he's a boy racer and slam's the accelerator down when the light's go green

Mattgriff90

How does the ride compare with sportlines compared to standard fr suspension?

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Bugger all difference. It was **** before on bumpy roads an it still is. No worse in my opinion and all my driving is B roads.

No downside aside from the fact your standard shocks won't last as long - should really go for some Bilstein B8s but not affordable right now.