Rear Washer not working

smithsc

Nov 2, 2009
Huddersfield
Hi All,

I keep finding niggly little bits that need doing to my car the next one is the rear washers isn't working i can hear the pump moving but no water is coming out of the rear washer any ideas???

smivvy

Seat Leon Cupra
Apr 21, 2008
Northants
Yes it will be trickling down into you boot floor. The t-piece connector has come loose and will need re-affixing.

It is the passenger side you need to check

charlie_j17

Its good to torque!
Nov 11, 2009
BATH
The pipe also breaks where the boot lid hinges, inside the rubber trunking or could just be a blocked washer jet.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
yea mine broke and pissed me off 4 weeks and it was wetting the boot it add snapped so ordered a new 1 form seat 20 quid. o and good luck taken the plastic boot cover of without snaping the clips lol

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
mine didn't work when i first got it, but it was the nozzle which had completely corroded and was blocked with salt, etc.

however, if your boot is soaking wet then you've found the problem :p

jammycupra

The T-Piece behind where the boot light is comes off (you will notice fluid pissing out round the wheelarch), or the there is a brass pipe inside the rear wiper motor that is prone to shearing, the way to tell is see if your jet moves along with the wiper, it should stay stationary. (fluid pissing out where the spare wheel is). You have to remove the boot cover to get to the motor, Im having to do mine this weekend.

There is a repair kit available for about 30 quid, or a new motor, or a DIY job il be doing for a few quid, will post some pics up if it goes to plan!

leontdisx

Mar 13, 2010
jammycupra!! did you get the cheap fix sorted and take some pics? i think mine is doing that, its squirting a silly amount out of the rear washer and its turning with the wiper.

offitmassive

Make sure you tape around the connecotrs or come proper winter time when the car freezes it will just happen again..... :)

I get it all the time on the fabias i service, i find i use super glue on the male part of the connector where ever it breaks. or when winter comes, use neat screen wash to help stop it freezing...i had to use halfrauds neat windscreen wash as drove 30miles each way to work and the bright green stuff is all that wouldnt freeze

leontdisx

Mar 13, 2010
i see. if its the shaft inside that's sheered i'll get my garage to check it out as its still under warranty

tom t

Feb 12, 2011
im having this problem with my rear washer jet, i have just removed the passenger side carpet where the cigeratte outlet is. And i have washer fluid in there. Where abouts is the joint? I cant see it am now going to fold the rear seats down and look further thanks

tom t

Feb 12, 2011
thats where i started and found this thread, was in a bit of a rush so picked the first thread as was only on my mobile. All good now though!

hombre_paulo

Jan 12, 2013
Apologies for the ancient thread bump.

When using the rear washer water is dripping out from below the glovebox!
Is this a simple case of glovebox out and the connector behind is easily apparent?

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Yes mate, pull the carpet back that's under the glove box, no need to take it out, on the top left you will see its disconnected, really hard to get back in as its right up in there, also the rear one normally pops out also, in the boot on the left hand side you have the black shelf undo the few torque screws and take it of, pull carpet back and pipe is behind there.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.