How to launch in DSG?

sniperftw

I've been having this problem when trying to launch at speed with my DSG FR TDI!

I put my foot straight to the floor and it's always like 1 second until i start to accelerate at speed... quite frustrating really!

Reason this problem arose, is cause i just had a p-torque yesterday and trying to figure out how to get the best 0-60 time

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
to do a "launch control" start you need to turn off the traction control, put gearbox in S or Tiptronic, then left foot on brake and floor accelerator. Revs will peak (dont know what at in a diesel, mine peaks at 3k i think) then release brake pedal....

Wouldnt do it too much though if i were you.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
to do a "launch control" start you need to turn off the traction control, put gearbox in S or Tiptronic, then left foot on brake and floor accelerator. Revs will peak (dont know what at in a diesel, mine peaks at 3k i think) then release brake pedal....

Wouldnt do it too much though if i were you.

This isn't "launch control" it's just the ECU limiting the engine revs.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
No - he is describing the process to successfully use launch control with a DSG equipped car.

Whether the new cars have this function is open to debate as VAG had been turning it off.

tehguy

Sep 9, 2010
Turn off TC, bury accelerator.

Or use launch control process as described above.

sniperftw

Yeah done it today guys! Bit of wheel spin, nothing major, but felt like i was going to die ! :D :D :D :D :D :D!!!! 337 ft/lb of torque!! :D

vt-marty

Manual is for Peasants
Nov 21, 2007
Marske by the Sea
tempted to try it with my car but wondering how bad it is for the dsg box, in particular the the clutches?, i got this car for another 2 years yet do dont want to knack it

DanH

Jun 24, 2010
Warrington, Cheshire
DSG boxes are coping with 380bhp on the stage 2+ golf ed30s so a doddle on the 170...

Also if its under warranty still its not going to matter as they will be covered

vt-marty

Manual is for Peasants
Nov 21, 2007
Marske by the Sea
DSG boxes are coping with 380bhp on the stage 2+ golf ed30s so a doddle on the 170...

Also if its under warranty still its not going to matter as they will be covered

bhp wasnt really my concern, the standard 170cr lump puses 258lbft/350Nm of torque...so its pretty high up already....to put it into perspective whe i was thinikng of buying the car its the same as the surrent impreza wrx sti in torque figures.

reading this post
http://www.********************/index.php?topic=79066.0;wap2
it seems anywhere north of 300lbft of torque and the dsg may suffer....

starting to get off topic, i'll leave it there.

maybe i'll try this but just to see if its any good.

cheers

DanH

Jun 24, 2010
Warrington, Cheshire
bhp wasnt really my concern, the standard 170cr lump puses 258lbft/350Nm of torque...so its pretty high up already....to put it into perspective whe i was thinikng of buying the car its the same as the surrent impreza wrx sti in torque figures.

reading this post
http://www.********************/index.php?topic=79066.0;wap2
it seems anywhere north of 300lbft of torque and the dsg may suffer....

starting to get off topic, i'll leave it there.

maybe i'll try this but just to see if its any good.

cheers

Standard limit to my understanding is 350lb/ft however I am running with around 310lb/ft of torque in my Stage2 FR Petrol and the DSG box hasn't skipped a beat, car has 92k on it! Regular servicing and maintenance is key I feel

Dan

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.