plasti dip alloys :)

NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
I've used the stuff before for something else, it's kind of a rubberised coating, so I think it might be pretty durable.

It doesn't seem to dry hard enough to chip, which might make it pretty resistant to the general abuse wheels have to put up with.

BEEFYGTI

Nov 20, 2004
Port talbot, south wales
Lots of questions about this stuff On Here. Best thing is type it into YouTube and meet fonzie from. Dipyourcar.com. This guy answers all of your questions about jet wash- removing etc. well worth a look

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
It will not be long lasting as hot brake dust will burn it. But a good method of getting a view of what color will suite your car/wheels . Check for threads over at vwortex to get more feedback.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Dont bother masking anything up, it peels off easy if you pick it.

Its not going to chip as someone mentioned earlier on in the thread, its rubberised so doesnt chip.

I cants see how you can do it in any less than 3 can to be honest, i done my audi front grills and badge and the can was empty doing my last coat. I would budget for 4 cans personally.

Deleted member 74601

Did you end up doing the video?

I can't decide whether I want black alloys on my Ecomotive, but I only have 16" alloys and think they may look stupid if I try to colour them. Suppose I could give it a go with this stuff, and peel it off if I don't like it (but that's effort).

Also, I have a habit of doing the cardinal sin, of going through automatic car washes, would the plasti dip come off if I did the grille?

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise