My Tolly1.8T Sport Toy!!!!! - Sold

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Ooops - saw it, drove it, bought it. No idea what I'll do with it yet in terms of mods (I do have a spare green cotton panel filter) in the immediate future but it was cheap, drives fantastic and all checked out and so brain slipped into neutral and here it is!!! Not sure that we need 3 cars in the household but what the hell!!!!

88k miles, full history, 4 new tyres and 2 previous owners including supplying dealer. 180bhp and it feels like it too.

I reckon it'll get AMD remap, TIP, N75, exhaust eventually and suspension mods plus brake disks. Not much more than that at the mo although FMIC and Cupra front bumper will be on the wish list. It needs bigger wheels so when the tyres are knackered, new wheels will be sourced!!

tolly2.jpg

tolly1.jpg

tolly4.jpg

tollyengine.jpg

Last edited:

Damo 85

Jul 31, 2010
Nice motor fella.. bet that thing shifts some.. mines only 150bhp, not as fast as my previous VR6 but it still shifts some.. Looks like you have some good plans for it!

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
If you've got enough cars and thats going spare, why not euro it? Or else strip it for a track toy, Long wheelbase should make for pretty good handling :)

...hang on. Wheelbase is the same as the Leon, isn't it..?

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I bought it to be a track toy. I'm going to do a couple of track days before I make changes to it to learn what needs to be done first or if its the right car to do in the first place. I got the car very cheap as the seller had no service history - he was a "from home" trader type. I've already traced the full service history as its had only two owners - Seat Fleet for 1 month then the firm previous to me and they have the entire history of it logged (they have confirmed this over the phone) and they will send it to me once I send them a copy of the log book and they confirmed that they put 5 new tyres on it before selling (Goodyears too).

Wheelbase is same as Leon, yes. Just has a fatter arse.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
1st mod fitted....... green cotton panel filter that I used to have in the Leon before I went PiperX. Its made **** all difference but I somehow feel happier knowing that its installed. Taxed it too. Bummer.

May 25, 2008
cambs
Finally found something then ?
A couple of decent mods and a custom remap should see you about 230-240 bhP with some decent torque to boot (excuse the pun )

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
This week I have mostly being thinking about "adding lightness" to my car through a weight reduction program which will start in full with a wash. The amount of muck and green dusty stuff on it must weigh in at a few kilo's. Then a good old cutting polish to thin the paint a bit. I already replaced loads of interior parts for newer ones without holes and phone mounts!!! I managed to fill the rear footwell with wiring, speakers, transmitters and general crap when I got rid of the phone install.

Basically (and possibly a bit tongue in cheek) - I'm doing free stuff!!! A bit skint after buying the M3 this month!!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
This week I have mostly being thinking about "adding lightness" to my car through a weight reduction program which will start in full with a wash. The amount of muck and green dusty stuff on it must weigh in at a few kilo's. Then a good old cutting polish to thin the paint a bit. I already replaced loads of interior parts for newer ones without holes and phone mounts!!! I managed to fill the rear footwell with wiring, speakers, transmitters and general crap when I got rid of the phone install.

Basically (and possibly a bit tongue in cheek) - I'm doing free stuff!!! A bit skint after buying the M3 this month!!
If your wanting to go to town on the washing jack the car up and remove the wheels and the wheel arch liners.
I found heaps for 'stuff' under there that adds weight.
Also a good to inspect the arches to save on tin worm issues in later life.

M3 sounds good, E92 or E46?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.