Exhaust Sound

Toruk Makto

Jan 2, 2011
Was driving next to a young lad in his 106 the other day, and you know what these kids are like they wanna race ya all the time. But anyway, his exhaust sounded the Dogs B's, not too loud but everytime he lifted off it POP'd like a rally car and I was wondering what I needed to do to make my Cupra do the same.. I have a standard exhaust at the moment and NO engine mods what-so-ever.

C360_2011-04-1612-58-4523_org.jpg

JamJay

California Bound
You need a 3" down pipe, race-cat/decat and a free flowing cat-back i.e. non resonated with a straight through rear box aka custom cat-back. I have all of this (LCR) and it backfires on gear changes at high revs, on the over run and is just generally an animal.

JamJay

California Bound
I know dude, I need to get some up. I gave it all the large getting it made, it's exactly what I wanted it to be and I've neglected to prove it over the internet...lame :D. If I could get someone to film me then it would be so much easier.

Pyro

I'll do it ;) lol but you gotta cone to me :p lol I really wanna here it tho :D

Think I'm gonna cut a section off the top of my milltek non res back box and remove some baffling to get some more noise and weld the section back on again, I have a 3" dp and decat too so other that the milltek back box will be essentially straight through, will this work?

Sent from my IPhone when I should be doing Work!!

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
Thanks for all the comments, there are a few threads with details on it, I cant remember what they are called though!

Its has a

3" Downpipe (Custom & heat wrapped)
2.75" Decat
2.5" Decat back with NO BOXES.

Now there was alot of talk on why a mere 2.5"??

And 3" is best etc etc, although Jamjays is 3 and sound superb too -

The reason for 2.5 was the company that made the system told me to go with, said 2.5 is perfect for the power im going to produce and had at the time of install.

They said its good for 350bhp and wont restrict, but produce loud and very fast flowing noise.

Its a Powerflow decat back, downpipe and decat is bespoke and very well made, brand unknown, Its not an off the shelf piece though.

The car was mapped before any of the exhaust was fitted, the difference was immense when finished, and is alot alot alot quicker!

POPs, bangs, flames - its got it all,

Very aquired taste IMO,

IMO it feking rocks!

Chrissy - PS Cost about £600 all in maybe less.

Toruk Makto

Jan 2, 2011
It's wonkey mate! Straighten it up it's a disgrace!!

Haha, its never really bothered me but after the abuse ive just got over it, yea maybe i should get it sorted lol... thanks for the constructive criticism folks lol

Those 2 vids sound nutz, thats what I want, dont think the neighbours will be too happy about it tho lol

JamJay

California Bound
Here's a quick video that I made of mine. I've had to blur it out to hide my reg obviously as I don't own the £200+ software which will do this in just one section for me but you get the idea. Camera isn't great and sounds nicer in reality :).

Listen out for the popping ;)

Pyro

Bout bloody time just you've put it in your RR but I can listen now or the misses will shank me up ;) lol she's got work tomoz and we only just got in from a gig lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.