lucky find indeed.......

CRAIGHUTCH

Floppy member
Aug 31, 2010
co. durham
oh well good on you all for having a peep, ive never heard of that colour blue like...

its looking sweet after he has given her a once over :D

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
git! ah well i have more cas than i can cope with anyway lol....can't see him making megabucks on it though tbh,hope someone who appreciates her gets her for a fair price :)

Polished_phil

Cheers Craig, not sure if you got that price from me but i definitely never paid as little as 800 notes.

i was thinking about sticking up a build thread funnily enough, so once things start to happen ill stick one up.

oh and its not really been cleaned yet either (not properly anyway)

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
Cheers Craig, not sure if you got that price from me but i definitely never paid as little as 800 notes.

i was thinking about sticking up a build thread funnily enough, so once things start to happen ill stick one up.

oh and its not really been cleaned yet either (not properly anyway)

hey welcome along great find :)

Polished_phil

hey welcome along great find :)

Thanks mate id post up some pics in here but the board wont let me yet.

ooops sorry phil it was the figure i was thrown last week at the mill. no harm , and it does look mint btw.

No worries mate, these things happen. Oh and i would def consider a swap fopr your white one. gunna see how it turns out once i get to work on the detailing first though... quite enjoyed it the last few days... desperate for lows though :think:

CRAIGHUTCH

Floppy member
Aug 31, 2010
co. durham
Thanks mate id post up some pics in here but the board wont let me yet.

No worries mate, these things happen. Oh and i would def consider a swap fopr your white one. gunna see how it turns out once i get to work on the detailing first though... quite enjoyed it the last few days... desperate for lows though :think:

im sure it will look the dogs nads phil. hmmmm tempting.....mines just clicked 26k , i think we are about 80k under average.!
anyway, enjoy it before i have it off ya!

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
im sure it will look the dogs nads phil. hmmmm tempting.....mines just clicked 26k , i think we are about 80k under average.!
anyway, enjoy it before i have it off ya!

im on 140k and still going strong no wait thats a lie

i have a new wishbone to replace and a new front hub!(replaced already 2 months ago!)

36k 16v what colour? jazz blue/lazuli blue? or topaz?

Polished_phil

im on 140k and still going strong no wait thats a lie

i have a new wishbone to replace and a new front hub!(replaced already 2 months ago!)

36k 16v what colour? jazz blue/lazuli blue? or topaz?

Paint is S5J Lapis Lazuli Blue and the mileage is actually just tipped over 40k.

Polished_phil

Everything is completely standard at the moment and the lady who owned it before me took it back to the dealership year after year religiously by date for a service and mot, even have a print out showing she went there when she needed new wiper blades fitting, the seats are so hard she must have been about 3 stone as there is no wear at all to any part of the seats.

Polished_phil

The bodywork isn't exactly perfect as you would imagine from a lady owned car, no offence to all the ladies on here, but its been used literally as a shop run about which the mileage/service intervals suggest. theres a small scuff on the front bumper (drivers side) which is hardly noticeable due to the paint colour and the pass door looks to have blown open at some point as there a very small defect on the edge of the door where it meets the wing.

Polished_phil

other than that it seem mechanically sound which tbh is the most important thing for me as it has been bought for my fiancee to use whilst between jobs and waiting for our new A3 to arrive. Once it arrive im not 100% sure what to do with it as i can honestly say im a MK2 golf man through and through.

Polished_phil

I would be a shame to strip this and plant the engine into a mk2 although it had crossed my mind, but i think unless some one crashes into me and wrecks the car then i cant see myself ripping it apart, its just to good of an example.

so i guess it'll be sold on eventually, doubt ill even get to use it much if im honest but hopefully ill have a little fun with it first

Polished_phil

sorry about that just thought id help get my post count up so i can post pictures sooner than later :redface:

Polished_phil

ill be sure to let you all know when i decide to sell, ive just made some enquiries on a mk2 as it happens and if all goes well ill be picking it up in the morning, still need to wait on the new A3 to arrive though so id could be a month or so before its up.