Intercooling question

elcristoff

Cupra Sport ****yeah!
Apr 8, 2009
Portsmouth
Hi,

I'm looking at buying one of these for my car;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-100...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336679acb6

I'm also looking to keep my aircon though. Would it be possible with this intercooler? I know that the bumper would need alot of modification.

Also looking at having the piping coming up through where the washer bottle would be, and direct into the turbo that way, does anyone have any idea what tubing/ silicon bends i'd need to create this?

And while i'm here, is it correct that a mk4 Golf washer bottle directly replaces the OEM Cupra one? If so, what size is it, if not, where can i get one from.

Thanks for your time,

Chris :)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Cool, that's the one I'm intending to get too, I was talking to a guy with a Corrado who bought one recently and he reckons they're pretty well made etc. No idea about your piping though but where there's a will there's a way lol:D

plattsy

Jun 30, 2010
I've recently got a fmic from a company called 800bhp.com and their £90 their fairly big and mine fits spot on like a glove their also on eBay I'll try and find the link
52848bc4-e097-a183.jpg

52848bc4-e0e0-ca56.jpg

May 25, 2008
cambs
As for the pipework just buy a universal pipework kit off the bay either 2.25" or 2.5" and they have every bend you need
But you would need to buy a new map sensor tube as the STD one is restrictive as hell

plattsy

Jun 30, 2010
I modified mine..... Cut a hole in the pipework 2.5" tapped it to get a flatish surface and got x2 self tapping screws and silicolned around it ( yourve gotta love modifing on bank holidays when no ones open to order the correct maf tube ) but it works fine and doesn't leak air out etc
52848bc4-034f-3037.jpg

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk

elcristoff

Cupra Sport ****yeah!
Apr 8, 2009
Portsmouth
Cheers for all the info guys. I'm thinking of slowly building parts up and running a GT28RS, but that will be a few months as the turbo is the last on my list (It's the most expensive :() So i'll be running the standard KO3 for a while. Ideally i wanted to run a 3" system from the Tip, through the intercooler. I'll try and find the one you're on about Tasha, cheers :)

elcristoff

Cupra Sport ****yeah!
Apr 8, 2009
Portsmouth
I've just looked at the 600x300x76mm kits on ebay and i like the look of them, would there be any way of moving my rad back a few mil so i could make this intercooler fit a bit more discreatly? Or does that involve removing my aircon?

Cheers,
Chris

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Ive got the 700x230x65mm, 2.5" inlet/outlet

The one in that link is 100mm thick and would definately require rad moving back and quite possible air con removal i think

IMG_5368.jpg

elcristoff

Cupra Sport ****yeah!
Apr 8, 2009
Portsmouth
I like the look of yours Berg, what cooler is that? Would there be any way to fit that a little deeper into the bumper? I found a medium sized one for a S3 that i might buy thats 690x180x65 but it only has 2.25mm inlet and outlet. I want a decent sized cooler that'll handle the power when its GTRS'd, but i dont want one thats too in your face, hence i'd like it pushed back into the bumper...

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
I like the look of yours Berg, what cooler is that? Would there be any way to fit that a little deeper into the bumper? I found a medium sized one for a S3 that i might buy thats 690x180x65 but it only has 2.25mm inlet and outlet. I want a decent sized cooler that'll handle the power when its GTRS'd, but i dont want one thats too in your face, hence i'd like it pushed back into the bumper...

Mine came from ebay

It can be fitted alot further back, get the brackets to move rad back and it will sit further back with less bumper trimming needed

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.