Drilled Disks

kirkyboy3

Dec 18, 2010
wolverhampton
www.facebook.com
Hi,

can somebody please point me in the right direction please. Want an upgrade on my disks and pads. Fancy some pads that look HUGE and drilled etc etc.

Has anybody fitted them to a FR TFSI 56 plate or something similar?

Can you please put some links up to where i can get them from?
thanks
:happy:
dan

DanH

Jun 24, 2010
Warrington, Cheshire
275bhp and 300lb/ft torque with just an intake... Either you are going to suffer badly in the height of summer with the heat and your turbo isn't going to last very long or your figures are VERY overestimated (and if I go on the rolling road you have been on I may be the first K03 with over 300bhp :whistle:) Revo Stage 2+ with HPFP full decat intake etc runs the same bhp with more torque...

But as you asked, the best upgrade is to do the cupra brake upgrade and change the disks, pads and calipers.

I have Tarox pads on mine and they are coping adequately with 275bhp and 355lb/ft torque and have only ever been able to 'smell the burn' once...

As said though most cost effective upgrade is the cupra one

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Standard discs with DS2500s would be the best option if you don't want to upgrade to the Cupra setup.

If you're doing a lot of track work drilled discs may be worthwhile but your cash would be better spent elsewhere.

kirkyboy3

Dec 18, 2010
wolverhampton
www.facebook.com
275bhp and 300lb/ft torque with just an intake... Either you are going to suffer badly in the height of summer with the heat and your turbo isn't going to last very long or your figures are VERY overestimated (and if I go on the rolling road you have been on I may be the first K03 with over 300bhp ) Revo Stage 2+ with HPFP full decat intake etc runs the same bhp with more torque...

Thats why iv put the question marks behind the figures. If youve used this forum over the couple past months you would have seen that my BHP was 260bhp and 280IB/ft torque but im just guessing (from what iv been told by will from P-torqure) that i will gain roughly 15bhp from the intake (i fitted yday) with a remap and 20IB/ft. But untill I get it dyno'd then i wont know for sure. so ill let you know soon pal. Also hopefully this summer i will be getting an uprated Intercooler and more cold air feeds to the intake/engine which will hopefully help with extra power.

Have you gone for the K04 turbo conversion? might consider this sometime next year.

and thanks for the answers :)

Dan

DanH

Jun 24, 2010
Warrington, Cheshire
Thats why iv put the question marks behind the figures. If youve used this forum over the couple past months you would have seen that my BHP was 260bhp and 280IB/ft torque but im just guessing (from what iv been told by will from P-torqure) that i will gain roughly 15bhp from the intake (i fitted yday) with a remap and 20IB/ft. But untill I get it dyno'd then i wont know for sure. so ill let you know soon pal. Also hopefully this summer i will be getting an uprated Intercooler and more cold air feeds to the intake/engine which will hopefully help with extra power.

Have you gone for the K04 turbo conversion? might consider this sometime next year.

and thanks for the answers :)

Dan

No turbo conversion - full custom 3" decat, HPFP, P-Flo intake

I reckon when you get it on the dyno you will be very disapointed with the figures if that is what you are expecting.

Also next service I would ask garage to heck your cam follower, mine was awful! Aawesome GTI reckoned I had 2-3 weeks left on mine before losing my engine!

kirkyboy3

Dec 18, 2010
wolverhampton
www.facebook.com
Looking at ur readers ride noticed that you only got 25-35 extra break horse power? Should be achieving much more than this. With stage 1 custom remap at p torque He got an extra 60horses out of the engine. Yeh might get seat to check cam follower when it goes in next week so thanks for that dude.
Apparently with the remap and re curc valve and then adding An intake the torque figures will go through the roof. Happy days :) once get a cat back I'll be at stage 1.5 really lol then I'll get the stage 2 map again by p torque and then get it dyno'd.
Our little projects hey??? Lol
Dan

Poverty

275bhp is stage 2 plus k03 pretty much maxxed out.

All rollers dependent.

Anyway if I was you I would fit cupra brakes, and dont bother with drilled. Been there done that wasted money.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
There are a few threads in the mk1 section complaining that the drilled disks are prone to cracking under high heat cycles, might be worth having a look.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
There are a few threads in the mk1 section complaining that the drilled disks are prone to cracking under high heat cycles, might be worth having a look.

There are a few threads on virtually EVERY car forum complaining that the drilled disks are prone to cracking!! :cartman:

If you want the discs to look better than just plain solid, grooved is the way to go.

DanH

Jun 24, 2010
Warrington, Cheshire
Cupra upgrade is best on the FR's and will definately be my next mod and do Springs at the same time (or coilovers money dependant)

275 was my stage 2 map with around 310lb/ft
265 is my Stage 2+ map with around 355lb/ft

Lower power but Torque is ridiculous and the BSH transmission mount is immense no wheel hop however hard I try and virtually no torque steer (which at Stage 2 happened all the way to 3rd)

Poverty

any links for grooved disks? also where can i get the cupra disk conversion? Stealers??
how much will a K04 conversion be at any decent garage that is willing to do it?

Thanks

Dan

Look on the JKM webshop for cupra brake setup. Piss easy to fit so id say 2.5 hours labour if doing proper fluid and lines at the same time.

DanH

Jun 24, 2010
Warrington, Cheshire
any links for grooved disks? also where can i get the cupra disk conversion? Stealers??
how much will a K04 conversion be at any decent garage that is willing to do it?

Thanks

Dan

K04 conversion

Turbo - Can pick one up for 500ish
Injectors - Can pick up for around 200
Divertor Valve Relocation - 200ish

So around 900-1000 for parts then the labour which I expect can be done easily in a day

1500 all in maybe if you source your own parts? Maybe even do the work yourself if competent enough.

As there is no for sale section anymore I find myself more and more on a certain mk5 golf gti forum looking at for sale there

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.