YIPPEE found the damn leak :-)

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
Well took the time to fabricate a leak tester from s/s, got hold of a compressor and tested the car earlier, massive leak from down by the FMIC, took the wheel and inner arch off and located where it was,pissing out of the map sensor connection,when I unbolted the sensor from the flange you can see that the hole in the map sensor flange is bigger than the seating of the map sensor face so there is a gap either side, made a washer from some rubber sheet and replaced,no more leaks holding fine. Has anyone who has put a FMIC on and got a new map sensor pipe from forge, did you get a washer at all?

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
i got a map pipe from Forge with no washer but the kit did come with different sized insets so no washer was required as your map sensor will have a rubber washer on it. there are 2 different sized map sensors available though, mine is the smaller one like yours. my bro had a larger one on his A3 as i used his smic and the hole was too big.

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
i got a map pipe from Forge with no washer but the kit did come with different sized insets so no washer was required as your map sensor will have a rubber washer on it. there are 2 different sized map sensors available though, mine is the smaller one like yours. my bro had a larger one on his A3 as i used his smic and the hole was too big.

Cheers mate, can't remember getting any extra inserts :confused:
never mind all sorted and its pulling like a train again and noooooooo flat spots at all :D

ben_edwards30

Jul 5, 2009
Shropshire
Im in shropshire bud, bit of a trek from you. I've got an LCR. I've already bought the tyre valve and gauge i just can't find a 63mm pipe to make the damm tester!

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
I'd post it down for you to use mate but what with it being s/s pipe it weighs a bit, 63mm O/D pipe is 2" mate, is that big enough a diameter for an LCR,thought their charge pipe and throttle body was slightly bigger than a LC's?