MK4 Ibiza TDI Hybrid - Going GTB2260VK # 147

tdi_swedge

Sep 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
Thought i would update this.

Still enjoying hybrid power but i have been looking around water meth injection kits recently. Theres a few hybrids im watching who are running this so will be keeping an eye on how they get on with it.

I decided to pull my green panel filter out yesterday as i hadn't cleaned it since october for the p-torque rolling road day.

This is the crap that came out + i think wasps were using it to make a nest.

4e864836.jpg

And after (misses didn't know i used here hair dryer)
15d9c53f.jpg

Can actually see daylight through it now !!

Ste

mini valver

nice car mate what stage of hybrid is it. i.e wat size compressor wheel is this using

mini valver

spot on mate i have just got the md515 going to p torque tomorrow see what she does bit of a treck like 200 mile there lol

tdi_swedge

Sep 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
After my little incident a couple of months back with the turbo feed pipe rubber join splitting i have never really trusted that bodge so i ordered myself a braided oil feed from darksidedevelopment

367d0548.jpg

When i fit the new line i will be cleaning the inlet manifold and egr

Ste

mini valver

Very nice mate. Have you not had the egr deleted on your set up. Hopefully I will be coming back down your neck of the woods soon be cool to meet up maybe if you ain't to far away from p torque. Really like this car:thumbup:

tdi_swedge

Sep 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
Very nice mate. Have you not had the egr deleted on your set up. Hopefully I will be coming back down your neck of the woods soon be cool to meet up maybe if you ain't to far away from p torque. Really like this car:thumbup:

Yea the egr has been mapped out and also i have installed blanking plate but when i fitted the turbo i just wanted it running and didn't have time to clean all the shite out.

I live 5miles from p-torque so let me know when your there and i can try meet up.

Ste

mini valver

Yea the egr has been mapped out and also i have installed blanking plate but when i fitted the turbo i just wanted it running and didn't have time to clean all the shite out.

I live 5miles from p-torque so let me know when your there and i can try meet up.

Ste

no worries mate yes will let you no. i need the delete plate be cool to compare the cars for map ie how they go down the road am gona go for max torque i think

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
Hi just wondering,what clutch kit do you have, have you got a smf, or dmf? Im on the lookout for a clutch setup for my car, going hybrid soon. Can't really afford helix kit @£800! or Sachs @ over £1000, but if they're the only tryed and tested clutches then il have to get saving! thanks

tdi_swedge

Sep 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
I am running dmf with sach organic clutch. I had mine fitted by vw rescue based in wolverhampton so not a million miles away from you. It was organised through p-torque.

My clutch hasn't shown any signs of giving up even after 30k of abuse.

Ste

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
thanks for that, im sold! Going to go for new standard dmf, and sachs organic clutch, I've been umming and arring for ages over which clutch setup, but going off the pwer and torque your running, your clucth setup will be good enough for me! thanks again really appreciate it

tdi_swedge

Sep 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
Just another quick question, did you change your dmf when you fitted your clutch kit?

I was going to put in a new dmf but i asked the garage to check for any wear and if it looked like it needed replacing but they said it looked all ok. So still running the original dmf as far as im aware. Might be worth dropping will from p-torque a msg/email and asking about prices. Mine was less than a grand when i had mine done.

Ste

tdi_swedge

Sep 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
Yesterday after i finished work i decided to remove the egr and inlet to give them a good clean as i have never bothered.

Inlet off
2cad68d0.jpg

Few bits removed
39b90de6.jpg

Inlet manifold. Doesn't look bad but had to scrape lots of sludge out
29c73c68.jpg

Next i fitted my new braided turbo feed.
Old vs new
e0cf0d02.jpg

8e5285d5.jpg

And finally i cleaned out the inlet and egr. Scraped most of the sludge out then hit the rest with flames
6af0af8f.jpg

1b3931af.jpg

2f727910.jpg

Car drives smoother now on part throttle. Inlet wasn't as bad as i expected it to be but worth doing.

Next on my list is catch tank.

Ste

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.