Sub box install

Feb 20, 2010
ipswich
Just wondered what people have done

I want it as stealth as possible so I can have as much room free as I can as I'll need to get a pram in there

The two ideas I have thought of are

Stealth box on one side with amp in spare wheel

sbn-sl025-2b.jpg

No spare wheel and sub mounted in there with amp on the side or under a false panel

jlw3_640x480.jpg

jlw32_640x480.jpg

Do you know if any of the Jl audio boxes would fit
Is our boot the same as mk4 golfs

Last edited:

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I had one in my spare wheel well for a while - had a false floor 50mm up from the standard height, sub sat inside the spare wheel.. best of both worlds - not acoustically the best solution but provided that extra punch.

Still got the boards from my floor at home, cut to the right shape for the leon boot..

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Superb Danny well can pop over Saturday if u want to have a look at them and collect that other part as I'm going to bury shopping

not around on saturday unfortunately. detailing at a friends house. ill bring it all to the meet. if you dont want it i'll find a skip on the way home!

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
damn that's expensive! you could buy a very nice sounding complete system for that much..... when my hand gets better I might have a crack at building one of those, always wanted to make something out of fiber glass.......

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.