Newbie advice on tow bar

buzball

Hello guys new on here picked up a cupra 2001 couple of weeks ago was told its got cupra R bumpers and im looking to fit a tow bar i found this link to how to fit one would this apply the same to me

Its a link from this site but i cant put the url up, Also wanted to put link up on ebay but again wont let me know hope you can help

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Hello guys new on here picked up a cupra 2001 couple of weeks ago was told its got cupra R bumpers and im looking to fit a tow bar i found this link to how to fit one would this apply the same to me

Its a link from this site but i cant put the url up, Also wanted to put link up on ebay but again wont let me know hope you can help

you can't post links since you are new. You have to be a member for 15days and have 15 posts before you can post urls.

It is probably the link to my thread you are talking about?

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1860046&postcount=29

If so, it will be the same for you. I had the same kit on my 1.4 leon and my cupra r. You just need to make the cut in the bumper differently depending on which bumper it is :)

Last edited:

buzball

Yes mate your the one these are the 2 ones im looking at on ebay can only put item number though

Just seen a pic of a cupra r pritty sure i have the same bumpers so would your guide apply to me mines 2001 though

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Neither appear to be swan-neck type. If you don't get a swan neck you are going to have to make a huge cut in your bumper. Look at the witter and brink detachable ones :)

buzball

OO right so it has to be the swan neck ones would a normal one just sit behind bumper then you could make flap like yours?

buzball

Thanks mate but the first one you showed me is not swan neck?

buzball

So thats the one i want and pritty much follow your link yeh?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members