Codes :-(

s700 mcv

Jun 28, 2010
Wishaw
Ran vag.com yesterday came up bank 1 catalyst system insufficent is this the lambda or the cat i am running a blueflame 100cell race cat .

whootish

Unfortunately i have seen this before when using race cats. The oem setup with pre and post cat lambda probes are very sensitive and think your cat is On it's way our when it's not.
I might be wrong here but I think some tuners can disable the post cat lambda so it doesnt check the cat like on the early Audi s3's.

s700 mcv

Jun 28, 2010
Wishaw
Sorry too bring this back up does this code refer to the pre or post cat lambda sensors so I can replace this also would this cause the car to run lean as a result of the poor readings.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Will be post cat as it is looking at the result of what has gone through the cat
I believe fuelling adjustments could be made as a result of its reading but probably more so at a pre cat level

s700 mcv

Jun 28, 2010
Wishaw
Thanks ran sum logs earlier cars playing a bit funny vaccum levels are normal according to the gauge . Lambda readings top end are 0.900 so not the richest. G/s are 210-220g/s on average thought maybe injectors would be maxxed but the duty cycles are only 86% so im thinking maybe boost leak somewhere confusing the life out it possibly?

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
I'd be very suprised if your injectors, asumming there standard are not maxed out by 220gs, .9 up top is lean, to lean.

I run a 200 cell BF cat with no elm's. You should fire up the logs so we can gave a peek.
What values does block 32 show?

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.