leon cupra lowering pic

FR_Flavoured

My car is just a "lesser" ;) 2.0FSi Reference Sport, but sits a little lower than a Cupra I think, so you'll have a reasonable idea of what can be done

Wrong! Yours is a "lesser lesser" 2.0FSi Reference Sport, as there's the FR between your car and a Cupra! But isn't the Stylance supposed to be an edition above your Reference too? :rolleyes: Who cares. lol.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
FR_Flavoured, I am truely not offended. And if I was, my emotional scarring would heal before Sunday ;)

I was gonna buy a TDi, but I knew if I did, I would start spending money on it that I just don't have., Re-map, Induction, Intercooler, blah blah blah

I figured, 2.0FSi, 150bhp, only ½second slower to 60 than a PD170 FR (according to the book :shrug: 8.8secs as opposed to 8.3 for the TDi) and its ludicrously expensive to mod it for good power gains, hence, engine wise, I won't spend money on it (have to go mechanical, cams, injectors etc)

However, first thing I did when I got it, 17" rims, and dropped it 30mm, and painted the calipers

Last edited:

FR_Flavoured

FR_Flavoured, I am truely not offended. And if I was, my emotional scarring would heal before Sunday ;)

I was gonna buy a TDi, but I knew if I did, I would start spending money on it that I just don't have., Re-map, Induction, Intercooler, blah blah blah

I figured, 2.0FSi, 150bhp, only ½second slower to 60 than a PD170 FR (according to the book :shrug: 8.8secs as opposed to 8.3 for the TDi) and its ludicrously expensive to mod it for good power gains, hence, engine wise, I won't spend money on it (have to go mechanical, cams, injectors etc)

However, first thing I did when I got it, 17" rims, and dropped it 30mm, and painted the calipers

All sounds great. Agree ^ :)

Plus, with your 2.0FSi you have no concerns about a limiting DPF filter throwing up errors, or driving in such a way that it doesnt. :blink: Then a £1000+ Bill should it decide to fill - then there's the whole episode with DPF-Delete and is it proven longterm to be reliable etc etc...

You also pay a pocket less change to fill up at the pumps, compared to a diesel too ;) - so more savings there...

No it was honestly all light hearted, I dont mean to cause offense (which you havent taken that way anyway), which is cool. :)
Have a great looooooong bank holiday weekend.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
All sounds great. Agree ^ :)

Plus, with your 2.0FSi you have no concerns about a limiting DPF filter throwing up errors, or driving in such a way that it doesnt. :blink: Then a £1000+ Bill should it decide to fill - then there's the whole episode with DPF-Delete and is it proven longterm to be reliable etc etc...

You also pay a pocket less change to fill up at the pumps, compared to a diesel too ;) - so more savings there...

No it was honestly all light hearted, I dont mean to cause offense (which you havent taken that way anyway), which is cool. :)
Have a great looooooong bank holiday weekend.

May not be quite as quick as you turbo charged boys, but it looks quite nice! :whistle:

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
Heres a mobile pic with my Eibach Sportlines fitted the other nite very happy with the stance and ride quality....excuse not having the centre caps on the wheels waiting on the black ones coming from Dave at Seres.

IMAG0146-1.jpg

hey man whats up, how much inches is your car lowered front and rear ?? thanks

[M]ike

Oct 9, 2013
Under the sea
@ Thafussa. If its only lowered with eibach sportlines then it should be 25mm front and 30mm back. At least thats how much my Leon Cupra droped. I measurec this with a tapemeasure before and after :). Hope this helps.

On the picture it looks like its lower than mine is though. Maybe the angle or that these are 19" LCR wheels.

Last edited:

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
[M]ike;4325782 said:
@ Thafussa. If its only lowered with eibach sportlines then it should be 25mm front and 30mm back. At least thats how much my Leon Cupra droped. I measurec this with a tapemeasure before and after :). Hope this helps.

On the picture it looks like its lower than mine is though. Maybe the angle or that these are 19" LCR wheels.

alright, thanks for your help...on mine everything is completely stock, i got 18's

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members