Ibiza slated in JD Power survey

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
there is a lot more to jd power surveys than you think, and most of it involves blackmail.

lol. This is my favourite part of forums. If someone slates a car frm the forum or has a negative thoughts on it, the guys on forums almost defend it with their lives.

Same goes with the which is faster threads. no car is faster than the vehicle model the forum is based upon.

So go on, quantify where you have heard that the JD survey revolves around black mail? or was that from a forum where another car got slated and someone made an excuse. I find that strange as its based upon motorists personal experiences.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
lol. This is my favourite part of forums. If someone slates a car frm the forum or has a negative thoughts on it, the guys on forums almost defend it with their lives.

Same goes with the which is faster threads. no car is faster than the vehicle model the forum is based upon.

So go on, quantify where you have heard that the JD survey revolves around black mail? or was that from a forum where another car got slated and someone made an excuse. I find that strange as its based upon motorists personal experiences.

oh shush mr silly pants, stop being a **** and believing every thing you read. im not revealing company secrets and losing my job over an internet troll.

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Calm down lads, let's not get all pent up about a survey eh!

Maybe there is some goings on behind the scenes but as we will never know this for certain we have to judge the survey on the results given. I don't think the MK5 deserves to sit that low in all honesty as I found mine really nice, all be it a little gutless.

Remember the survey wasn't answered by a lot of forum members (if any) so it won't always echo the view that we have.

At the end of the day it's someone else's opinion, if you like your MK5 this shouldn't even phase you, not even worth reading! I love my new car, a lot of people slate it cause of the badge but who gives a monkies, every time I get in and drive it makes me smile and that's all that matters!

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
oh shush mr silly pants, stop being a **** and believing every thing you read. im not revealing company secrets and losing my job over an internet troll.

:cartman::cartman::cartman: awesome reply.

Out of interest you say stop believing everything i read. What i have i read and quoted? All i did is ask for proof of what you say, since you cant divulge that information for fear of being sacked id say that makes you the internet troll. Shouldnt really post these'facts' unless you can quantify them IMO.

Last edited:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
A Toyota Prius came 5th FFS. I'd rather burn in the fires of hell for eternity than spend a single second behind the wheel of such a tedious wedge of bullsh1t.

But JD isnt just about a car, it's about dealers (most of which in the VAG spectrum are at best so-so), and then there are the type of people who respond.

Prius drivers are probably so nice they wouldn't say a bad word about their planet saving wonder cart, and they know so little about cars that if the dealer sent them out of a service with square wheels on they'd probably not think to question it.

As long as their dealers sell them the car on a yoga mat it's all good!

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
:cartman::cartman::cartman: awesome reply.

Out of interest you say stop believing everything i read. What i have i read and quoted? All i did is ask for proof of what you say, since you cant divulge that information for fear of being sacked id say that makes you the internet troll. Shouldnt really post these'facts' unless you can quantify them IMO.

No sir you are the troll.

Just think how the people of JD power survey get their money?

The review is full of people who just want to moan or show off about their cars.

If you want to go for a good spectrum of how reliable a car is then go for the AA survey of recoverys and repairs.

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
It's about expectations.

People expect Skoda's to be crap - then they rave about how awesome that they are since they're not crap

People expect SEAT's to be VW 'thud' quality then moan when they're not (forgetting the tidy saving).

Also.

People only complete JD Power surveys to moan.

I did complete it when I was asked to fill it out.

It was not to moan, I was honest. We have been less than impressed with the car, the dealer support and also SEAT UK. The car has great potential, however I feel we have just been unlucky. So the grim statistics, well you can blame me in part for that.

:rolleyes:

Feb 8, 2011
I'm baffled.

If you look at the detailed results table you can see that the Polo is rated significantly higher overall than the Ibiza, but the Ibiza scores higher in three of the eight categories while the Polo scores higher in only one, running costs. Indeed for interior qualilty the Ibiza is rated excellent where the Polo is only average and for reliability the Ibiza scores higher too.

The article doesn't make it clear just how the scores are arrived at.

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I'm baffled.

If you look at the detailed results table you can see that the Polo is rated significantly higher overall than the Ibiza, but the Ibiza scores higher in three of the eight categories while the Polo scores higher in only one, running costs. Indeed for interior qualilty the Ibiza is rated excellent where the Polo is only average and for reliability the Ibiza scores higher too.

The article doesn't make it clear just how the scores are arrived at.

I agree - confusing.

I would guess that the Seat stealers are what gives the Ibiza a killing. IMO they are getting worse instead of better.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
It's about expectations.

People expect Skoda's to be crap - then they rave about how awesome that they are since they're not crap

People expect SEAT's to be VW 'thud' quality then moan when they're not (forgetting the tidy saving).

Also.

People only complete JD Power surveys to moan.

No the seat ibiza is just not great! it has terrible road noise and anyone who buys a sporty one needs to top up more oil than fuel and replace the engine every 10,000 miles.

Fantastic when it works but not up there with competition.

Last edited:

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Unfortunately i cant say i'm surprised by the results.
As someon else said, its a great looking car thats nice to drive but the quality stinks and the stealers too.. Still, i find it a bit better then Skoda regarding design and the quality of the interior.

But just to face the facts: The boc/cupra are really nice but the engineproblems ruins the fun of the car and the reputation of the whole brand. I allso belive that many potential buyers were dissapointed about the DSG and that there were no possibility to choose a manual box. I know i almost didnt bought the car because of that.

But to be a little more positive:
Hopefully the guys in suits at VAG realizes that some things have to change due to the bad results of the survey. I dont belive it, but i hope for the sake of the brand.
The 1,4TSI was in my opinion a misstake. Lots of golfs and sciroccos here have had the same problems as our cars..

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Unfortunately i cant say i'm surprised by the results.
As someon else said, its a great looking car thats nice to drive but the quality stinks and the stealers too.. Still, i find it a bit better then Skoda regarding design and the quality of the interior.

But just to face the facts: The boc/cupra are really nice but the engineproblems ruins the fun of the car and the reputation of the whole brand. I allso belive that many potential buyers were dissapointed about the DSG and that there were no possibility to choose a manual box. I know i almost didnt bought the car because of that.

But to be a little more positive:
Hopefully the guys in suits at VAG realizes that some things have to change due to the bad results of the survey. I dont belive it, but i hope for the sake of the brand.
The 1,4TSI was in my opinion a misstake. Lots of golfs and sciroccos here have had the same problems as our cars..

this is what i was trying to get at :) it really is a shame as i love the car when it's working.

Feb 8, 2011
But actually, in the latest survey, the Ibiza is rated above average for reliability - better than Fiesta and Polo. Only Honda Jazz and Nissan Note are better.

I'd thought that the 1.4 twincharger might drag the reliability figures down but perhaps there aren't enopugh of them out there to mess up the figures. Particular troubles are battery and parcel shelf not engine.

As I mentioned above it's a mystery why the Ibiza wasn't rated higher - it's not below average for anything!

Last edited:

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
The survey is complete BS - there is no way the Ibiza's interior quality should be rated so high, there were less rattles and squeaks in my mk3!

I would definitely not buy another Ibiza based on my experience with my current one, it's actually not a bad car, it's just that the competition are way ahead in many areas!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.