Do I need a re-gas ?

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
hi all

The aircon seems to be b0rked in my FR - the snowflake symbol doesn't make any difference, I just get air - not cold air wether its on or off.

I've checked the fuses, outside temperature seems to be reading a steady 19 degrees, any ideas ?

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
yes might just need the air-con serviced, think your spose to do them every 2 years. any idea when it was last done ?

No idea fella, certainly no indication in the service log! I'll take it to KF and see if a re-gas sorts it.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
there is no service Schedule for aircon, but you do need to run it every week or so , even if it is -20 outside:D if it not run then it gets less cold to the point of doing nothing due to not being Circulated ,
mine is cold but could be colder, so it is going in me mates garage when i get the cash quoted £40 +vat and you can pick a smell :D

hope you get it sorted.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
i know theres no service schedule for it but the general guide for most air con vehicles was to have it serviced every 2 years and as you said give it a blast every now and then to keep the circulation going, although thats no help to the OP now it doesnt work :(

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Does the compressor even kick in when u press the snowflake button, you should see a slight change in rpm, hopefully it just needs a re gas though.

An btw it won't run if it's -20 outside, but I do get your point, it should be turned on every other week.

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
Does the compressor even kick in when u press the snowflake button, you should see a slight change in rpm, hopefully it just needs a re gas though.

An btw it won't run if it's -20 outside, but I do get your point, it should be turned on every other week.

not really, the snowflake button doesn't seem to have any effect at all :( It is on all the time though, I never turn it off.

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
Hi chaps

good news - just come back from Kwik Fit and all is now ok, just a simple re-gas done and now my car is icy cold again :)

cheers for the advice

J

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members