White FR to Black Cupra - Cupra Now Sold :(

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Yeh the difference is massive lol I **** myself first time I put my foot down in 2nd when it spooled up!

He reckons there's no need to run them boost levels apparently and does it another way to save the turbo any stress. Think it's got quite allot of timing advance on it mind. He was majorly impressed with the diff in it like, said no matter what I paid for it to do what it does, it's worth it!

Spent 8 hours over the past two nights cleansing, sealing and waxing the car. It's like black glass! I'll try get some pics today before I have to drive to center parcs and it's dirty again lol

wazza16

Mr.Waz
Aug 19, 2010
Arbroath
ye if your gettin the power figures ur gettin without the higher boost then spot on eh. 245hp is an impressive bench mark!!

What spark plugs would you recommend scot?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Scott, your only running stage 1 boost!!

More boost will give you more torque..

Nothing wrong with running 1.5bar (~22psi), practicaly every stage 2 map out there runs circa 1.5bar..

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
I reckon the best mod i done to mine was the diff its night and day like i never looked back even at the cost :D

Aye cost doesn't bother me, it's fooking awesome lol wouldn't want a fwd car without one now!

ye if your gettin the power figures ur gettin without the higher boost then spot on eh. 245hp is an impressive bench mark!!

What spark plugs would you recommend scot?

Yeh exactly, that's the idea I guess haha I've got denso iridium ik22's in my, slightly colder than standard ones. Though some people don't rate them because some units have failed. We use them in our race cars at work etc over ngk ones, which have failed on us!

Scott, your only running stage 1 boost!!

More boost will give you more torque..

Nothing wrong with running 1.5bar (~22psi), practicaly every stage 2 map out there runs circa 1.5bar..

Not fussed for more torque 270 is plenty at the mo, just nice knowing it's reliable and there's abit more left in it if needs be haha Motorscopes rr said it's peaking 23 but my gauge and John say otherwise lol

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
These came today:

8c5b8ab3.jpg

Got some brembo pads on the way too. They will be going on after I come back off holiday, along with a service :)

Few pics this morning after it's past 2 nights detailing session:

e7e3a447.jpg

1ca6a8c3.jpg

16f1afff.jpg

0068e23d.jpg

Car is like a mirror, over the moon about the results!

gav_c

Dec 12, 2009
Scott my brother!:) need to catch up sometime buddy, i need a map from john like, got a few compotions round darlo now that i need to keep infront of:p, need new driveshafts aswell:( bad times, whats this about deleting the n249 off the map?

wazza16

Mr.Waz
Aug 19, 2010
Arbroath
kewl, i suppose it would be easily put nearer the 1.5 bar if i wanted it up to tht from john. any ideas where i could find a g60 flywheel, cant get one off fleebay the now :-(
ill keep ya up dated for when im going to go down for a map, if yer free could pop along for a nosey!

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Dont think you will see 270lb/ft running 18/19psi bud, hope you do though. We'll see at Motoscope again :)

I've got me new clutch going in next weekend ready for Motoscope :D

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Cheers for the comments lads :D no deletes in the map as yet Gav, cars needs to go back to John for a day to up the boost a tad, get launch control back on and trial the deletes!

Steve, looking forward to seeing the new car, they do sound insane!

Car made 273ftlbs and 245.5hp last time, my mates with similar map made 10 ftlbs less torque and 3 less hp. Revo stage 2 made 15hp less and 43ftlbs less. All one after another :shrug:

Not gonna get hung up on figures, as a whole package the car is fantastic!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Lol steve, they are actually meant to be very comfortable!

Yeh Al, never looked back after stripping everything out the back, that's my seat and the gf can just make do with the standard one lol got my eyes on another cobra seat at work I found upstairs, that wouldn't fit in the etype so might get that too if my boss will let me have it cheap!

Should get another big chunk of weight out, it's only 7.5kg's with the mounts!