Bonnet bra fail

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
I fitted my bonnet bra last week as did a 250 mile round trip to Thorpe park I left the bonnet bra on car till this afternoon.I normally remove it and wash my car after long trips but this time I was bein lazy and left it for the week wel today I removed it to wash my car and found loads of blisters on the bonnet and it's gone pink in placers.

Bit of advice don't leave your bonnet bra on for to long :(

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
It's my fault tbf I should of removed it the day I got home but I didn't. when my laptop is workin again I'l get some pics up of it.its only been a week since comin out of bodyshop looks like it's goin back in again lol

My mate has a Leon and his has done the same thing aswel.Also my cousin and his girlfriend have a skoda and a golf they leave there's on all the time they never have a problem with there's :(

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Hi Adam. The exact same thing happened to me about 2 years ago!

Just use the car as you normally would without the bra on and it should eventually resolve itself. This is what I did and the bonnet was back to normal in less than 2 weeks (approx).

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
This is the 3rd or 4th post about this happening.

Think a sticky saying... DON'T FIT A BONNET BRA... THEY LOOK ****ING STUPID AND THEY WRECK YOU PAINT is probably in order now.

danmay

Fast cars, shooting stars
Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
had one on the yellow car and it faded the paint underneath, needed a respray but sold it in the end before i got anything fixed!

looked awesome but messed the bonnet up no end

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
SAM_2068.jpg
SAM_2069.jpg
SAM_2067.jpg

Some pics they have nearly gone now think cause it's so hot it's helped I'm not a massive fan of them but I have loads of chips as it is so thought I'd put it on with the miles I was doin (100 miles down M1)

Mar 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
I had mine on for over a month took it off yesterday to wash it and there were blisters gone to put a second coat of wax on this morning and they've gone! Paint work hasn't changed colour etc on mine either

Dazz 1989

XBOX Live = DazzAbell89
Jan 28, 2010
Cannock
I leave mine on all the time, Take it off and clean prob's every 2weeks maybe 3 and have had no prob's so far!!

anniversary1697

Christian
Feb 22, 2008
Durham
Bonnet Bra's are not designed to be left on for long periods, Blistering will always happen if one is used in the wet and left. If used in the correct manner there is NO danger to the paintwork.

Cant get my head around the blistering "dissapearing", the blisters are caused by moisture under the paint, I would almost guarantee you will have issues with rust in that area as the car gets older:(

Christian.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
NEVER had a problem with mine - but then it doesn't stay on the car if it's raining or wet outside, only use it for summer driving when more likely to come across stones etc on the road.
Most it's ever been left on for is a week of sunny weather though, and then comes off when I clean the car and stays off for a bit.

Nemo

I make custom bonnet bra's in SA ,, have never had a prob of them flapping or causing any marks on the car... fits perfectly with no wrinkles...:D:D:D

some pics :

May Car :
35474_458960926524_578446524_5955087_1505482_n.jpg

and some other i have done :

bullet_proof.jpg

ricardo_bra.jpg

scooby_bra.jpg

G6_bra.jpg

NewX.jpg

anniversary1697

Christian
Feb 22, 2008
Durham
I make custom bonnet bra's in SA ,, have never had a prob of them flapping or causing any marks on the car... fits perfectly with no wrinkles...:D:D:D

some pics :

May Car :
35474_458960926524_578446524_5955087_1505482_n.jpg

and some other i have done :

bullet_proof.jpg

ricardo_bra.jpg

scooby_bra.jpg

G6_bra.jpg

NewX.jpg

Top Job Nemo[B)]

I would have liked one of yours, They look soooo well fitted!!

Keep up the good work.

Christian.

Nemo

Top Job Nemo[B)]

I would have liked one of yours, They look soooo well fitted!!

Keep up the good work.

Christian.

Thanks Bud..

the under of the vinyl has a soft woolen like foam that does not scratch at all...

ive recently had one made up for a leon... leme see if i can find the pic..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.