Updated: Leon FR Model Year 2012 [Pics]

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Leon FR+ details appeared on the SEAT website this mornning. Acording this the front parking sensors ARE fitted to the FR+

The Leon FR+ takes the Leon FR to the next level, combining the same stunning exterior with the electrifying performance of either 2.0 TDI CR 170PS or 2.0 TSI 211 PS. Other extras are striking 18'' 'Ibera' alloy wheels, Bi-xenon headlights with AFS, dual zone climate control, front and rear parking sensors, and ESP with XDS (electronic differential lock). And don't forget the SEAT Media System 2.2, which includes satellite navigation with 5'' colour touchscreen and dynamic route guidance, DAB radio, Bluetooth with voice control and audio streaming, and an SD card slot.

That's better then front PDC was not on the initial release documents I saw, so FR+ is an FR with tech pack and 18" Ibera wheels. :D

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Is this a joke?

offer1,property=Image.jpg

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
And the 170 and 211 are the FR+?

I may as well buy an Eco job and slap a K1 kit on it now.

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
thats effectively what its doing, people who want the better looking car but no power LOL, just a way to try and sell more.

The images on the website dont really match up - the spec my seat still only shows the one FR model with the 170 or 211 engine.

r401caw

Sep 16, 2008
Looking to order an FR TDI this month. My local Seat dealer has told me to wait for July as that when any offers will be available - getting rid of the 2011 models.like they did with the Sportrider Ibiza. Mind you they are offering interest free credit and 3 years free servicing on an FR tdi manual in blue - very tempting!

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
I seem to recall reading the derv FR is the best selling model in the range so makes sense for them to have ones with lower power/insurance, tax etc engines so they can shift more. Obviously for us more enthusiastic SEAT owners its just more hassle trying to keep track!

Uncle Fester

Jun 9, 2011
The 2012 Leon brochure is now on the SEAT website, but still only the 2011 pricelist.

I have to agree the Ibera 18”don’t look good. I guess fitting ugly wheels as standard is the marketing department’s way of selling upgrade wheels.

Unfortunately the only SEAT option is the Potenza 19”, and a 35 profile is overkill for an FR. Apart from seriously increasing the price of replacement tyres it degrades the comfort in a car that isn’t hardcore enough to justify them.

The Ibera wheels look unnecessarily heavy. I foresee them getting fitted with winter tyres and relegated to the back of the garage as much as possible.

Personally I always reduce the unsprung weight as much as possible. A set of ultra-lightweight aftermarket 18” seem in order.

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
I just noticed that the COPA is on the website as saying they have the LED clusters, local dealer has these in showroom can't say i noticed if they had them fitted.

Just thought i'd mention it as might be interesting to see what they look like 'in the flesh'.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I just noticed that the COPA is on the website as saying they have the LED clusters, local dealer has these in showroom can't say i noticed if they had them fitted.

Just thought i'd mention it as might be interesting to see what they look like 'in the flesh'.

No LEDs on our copa

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members