Finally joined the 500 club!(VIDEO ADDED)

caney

Apr 24, 2005
Just seen this, looks and sounds brutal. So enough of all the numbers talk, hows this thing on the track/strip?? :)
So far recorded 0-60 in 3.8 secs,0-100 in 8.19ecs,hoping to dip in the 11's at inters[B)]

redz

Very impressive Steve..
I'm building a r32 turbo but after seeing these figures I'm tempted to go 2.0 20v what's your mpg return when off boost?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
R32 turbo will make more power through out the whole of the rev range plus sounds fantastic believe me plus you get 4WD with the R32 so you can actually use the power same as Steve in his TT.

redz

R32 turbo will make more power through out the whole of the rev range plus sounds fantastic believe me plus you get 4WD with the R32 so you can actually use the power same as Steve in his TT.

Yes your right but having to spend 3.5k on a Sqs gear kit is really bugging me. The torque on the r32 eats boxes when over 500bhp, the 2.0 20v boys don't seem to have this issue plus as fuel prices are going up it's getting me really thinking...I'd like to enjoy the car without breaking into a sweat when I look the fuel gauge..
I love the r32 sound but after driving my mates TT
I do like lighter front end also..
Would be interested to see the MPG figures. Seeing I have all the parts for a r32 turbo it's a expensive decision to change my mind..
But steves car looks mighty impressive ..

Last edited by a moderator:

caney

Apr 24, 2005
Guys i thinks its always a fine line between working and not when running this sort of power! Whether it be a 4 or 6 cylinder,my gearbox internals have been uprated using the Hpa gearset but it still eats clutches for fun if launching hard;) under normal driving conditions it returns 25-30mpg and drives like a stock car albeit a bit twitchy at part throttle using the r32 throttlebody.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Wondered where you had been. Last time I saw you, your car was leaving the Pod on the back of a low loader with a fecked clutch I seem to remember.

Nursing mine through to part-ex in October so don't need any big bills, and a lack of uprated HPFP is not helping the stage 2+ map so I'm having to stay under 5k revs ;-)

Best of luck at Inters, go and nail a sub 11!

caney

Apr 24, 2005
Wondered where you had been. Last time I saw you, your car was leaving the Pod on the back of a low loader with a fecked clutch I seem to remember.

Nursing mine through to part-ex in October so don't need any big bills, and a lack of uprated HPFP is not helping the stage 2+ map so I'm having to stay under 5k revs ;-)

Best of luck at Inters, go and nail a sub 11!
Thanks mate yeah still around!that was a low moment for sure at the pod which was in fact cylinder head damage with a melted exhaust valve going through the turbo costing 2k to repair:cry: i do remember you contacting me to express your concern which was a nice touch:D
Steve

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
A R32 02M clutch works out at £1773 and with postage,VAT, etc works out £2200 to your door if you do everything legit. There is a fair bit of rattle from the SMF as none of the three bronze/ceramic plates are sprung loaded and the discs squeal when pulling away in first gear. Clutch does take a lot of getting used to and you have to learn not to keep the clutch peddle down at light/T junctions etc as you can over heat and glaze or crack the discs. On the plus side 1000 bhp drag R32`s have been using this clutch and broke drive shafts/gearboxes/transferboxes etc but not the clutch.

redz

Expensive clutch but better than having to swap clutches ever 12,000 mile.. Have you looked at the DM gearset? also just a had peak on there website