ibiza fr wont start

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
i've seen this alot in the mk4 ibizas, mainly the BLT engine. the turbo collapses and blocks the induction path, if you remove the inlet pipe at the manifold then the car should start.

Lew89

Jun 17, 2011
Oxford
*checks engine code* ..... Damn its a BLT.

Is this likely to cause internal engine damage ? I've had this car 1 friggen day ! Sold with an RAC warranty but the dealer is "having trouble activating it online" I called RAC warranty and they're experiancing no problems with their systems as the dealer has told me differently i think i'll be letting loose as this sounds more expensive every post. I will get them to check turbo before ordering any parts.

deano-tdi130

Lol. Don't let it run now you know that it runs with oil cap pff or it will suck oil through and burn it then you will be f*cked! If your only had it a day go back and start screaming about trading standards they soon find your warranty and get it sorted!

Lew89

Jun 17, 2011
Oxford
will do mate - I just want the garage to confirm it so I can go back and be 100% certain what im talking about. There first question to me was "have you redlined it " No mate its a TDI i get my power low boost.... response: oh...... yea

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
if there talking about a egr replacement have a look around for an egr delete pipe, would stop the the inlet manifold etc being caked in soot, i did mine and found at least 1cm of soot build up on every part of the inlet manifold, looked like the old owner didt use the turbo much...

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
take the top intake pipe off closest to the manifold then see if it runs - leave the oil cap on though.
you'll only need a screwdriver to pop it off.

cbush

£550.00 is a good price for a new (standard) one, but im sure they would have quoted you for an exchange unit.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members