Status
Not open for further replies.

jam666999

Mar 2, 2004
Northants
Visit site
I dont post a huge amount on the forums but heres my 2p. Bill has hit the nail on the head, The gains Rob would have seen from the manifold were minimal, especially when considering the cost of the product and the situation Rob is in.

This is no way states the product doesnt do the job, just that with Robs setup wasnt worthwhile, and the money gained from selling would benefit him in a much more important way.

Wishnig you all the best Rob and hope everthing gets sorted

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Thanks for that Bill, that was my whole point, below 400bhp I believe the gains are pretty small and not really worth spending £750 on a large manifold and TB, the bigger turbo and power you go the gains will increase and the manifold and TB become a much more worthwhile purchase. After going back to the stock inlet and TB I feel the SEM and TB was an un-neccessary purchase for minimal if any gains at the power level I am at - that was all I was saying.

yep. I agree. Its cost vs return decision... and exactly what I say to people who ask me the same questions..

Rick1.8t

Feb 18, 2006
My Dad's recently coming out of a tough one: Losing a business, borderline loosing the house, trying to get work again etc... Things will improve Rob, and your attitude to achieving that is good - Just dont let it drag you down, i watched it destroy my dads self esteem which is only just improving.

INA - Im not sure if you know anybody in financial trouble, but 'horassing' someone on a forum that supplements a hobby and part of life that is likely a release from real world troubles, isnt a great thing to do.

He is being honest about a product - I work in the bicycle business, go on their forums; they just flat out say something you have worked on for months is shite if they dont like it! (Which it wont be as you will have many satisfied customers - this is the point, you cant please everybody!) Dont be too sensitive, and back off the man.

Rick

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
My Dad's recently coming out of a tough one: Losing a business, borderline loosing the house, trying to get work again etc... Things will improve Rob, and your attitude to achieving that is good - Just dont let it drag you down, i watched it destroy my dads self esteem which is only just improving.

INA - Im not sure if you know anybody in financial trouble, but 'horassing' someone on a forum that supplements a hobby and part of life that is likely a release from real world troubles, isnt a great thing to do.

He is being honest about a product - I work in the bicycle business, go on their forums; they just flat out say something you have worked on for months is shite if they dont like it! (Which it wont be as you will have many satisfied customers - this is the point, you cant please everybody!) Dont be too sensitive, and back off the man.

Rick

i like this post and many good points raised :D
i have to agree, the only think making ina look bad is the recent posts hassling a guy who is finding life a little tough at the moment and not the product.

@ina, your products are good, look great quality but im sure some of the products are a waste of money unless the car your fitting them to has reached a certain spec then you will get the real benifit from it. rob feels he wastnt getting the real benifit from the sem inlet mani but this doesnt mean others with a higher spec car wont see the gains.
my 2p worth.

rob i feel what you are doing is a great step in the right direction and hats off to you.

Rick

I wish there was a "like" button for this post..... Lots of valid points there.

I have had to trade my LCR for a car that's cheaper to run due to having to tighten my purse strings...... I've not personally been in your position Rob but I know what your going through........ I was just a kid during the last recession in the early 90s and it hit my family really hard.

My thoughts are with you and your family Rob..... Hope things pick up soon for you

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Thanks for all the support, it's very much appreciated and it shows the better side of forums. Yes times are tough right now, for many people, and it's a horrible place to be, my life hasn't been great since my wife died and it's been an uphill struggle for the last 10 years. My car is my hobby and my distraction away from the daily grind of life, I enjoy it very much.

The good news is however is that there is light at the end of the tunnel and my financial woes should pick up for the better very soon.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
The good news is however is that there is light at the end of the tunnel

Perfectly said, its the one saying that got me through life when I lost a very close and important person in my life at a young age. Chin up mate, difficult but something we all need to do. I am sure you will get through these times and more than likely hear another crazy modification your doing to this car ;)

INA

Garrett Super STAR!
Dec 8, 2007
www.inaengineering.com

Rick
Rick & others,
I do not want my post to seem as Harassment period. I am simply voicing my opinion as a member of this forum rather than as an advertiser. People have this misconception that because you are an advertiser you supposed to can it and take it....I am not like that and anyone who has ever dealt with me knows this.

I am sorry I am a little sensisitive especially where Rob is concerned because Rob is one of the main reasons I am a member here. I owe partial of my success on SCN to him and others so it hurts a little to see him say things like he wont buy another one of my products.

I simply debated my end of the argument. Again whatever help Rob needs I will help in anyway shape or form but as for financial trouble we have all been there. Trust me I know the growing pains of a business. It is not easy and all you can do is keep your head up and bury forward.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
The problem is Issam is that I never once slagged off the SEM manifold, I simply said I had to sell it for financial reasons and I knew it wasn't making much difference to my car, I was correct. You jumped on it and took it as negative feedback which you were wrong about. I understand the desire to defend your products but you do it in such a way that just gets people's backs up, there was NOTHING to argue or debate about. I have never been anything but a fair and honest person on these forums, I don't bash people or products just for the sake of it, I provide honest feedback be it good or bad.

If you owe part of your success on SCN to me you have a funny way of showing it. :shrug:

I think I have found a solution to my money problems now, I wish I could have held on to the SEM for just a bit longer then I would have been able to keep it. :(

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I will email you.

Anyway, back on track, just did an oil and filter change so fresh Millers 5W40 CFS is now pumping through the engine via a new OE filter.

The EBC Yellowstuff pads are now bedded in and they are very good indeed, great cold bite and fantastic bite right through any kind of driving. £75 for these Vs £160 for Tarox pads ... I'll take the yellowstuff every time!

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Issam has come up with a very decent offer to get me a replacement SEM, so just waiting on funds coming through and I can get one, so thank you to Issam for the kind offer.
Well Done Issam, good to see you looking after one of the main guys who's supported you. Customer service don't get better than that. [B)]

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Washed my car yesterday and found hardly any brake dust on the front wheels from the Yellowstuff pads. The old Tarox pads used to leave the front wheels caked in dust! The more I use my car the better these new pads seem to get, as the brake-in coating wears off the bite just gets better and better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise