pic request number plate

gazbcupra

Jan 20, 2011
has anyone fitted a small numberplate to the front of there leon? thers a focus rs i saw the other day and i thought it looked pretty good!

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Do you mean small as in illegal small or cut down small - as in private plate so can be legally done?

I've used a cut down plate before - 5 letter plate which looks good, have one on another car currently. I was going to put a cut down one on the Leon until the dealer screwed the full size plate on!

P13ULC

Nov 29, 2010
Preston
Here's mine

95632fdb.jpg

dca15018.jpg

PH1L NI

Agnew SEAT
Jan 6, 2009
Northern Ireland
www.modmedia.co.uk
It's NOT illegal, if you have a short digit plate! My registration is a 5 digit one and therefore as I still have a legal font and spacing and the required margin I am legal. My car went straight through MOT like this (Northern Ireland where they are strict government operated tests) - I had the a copy of the regulations printed just incase any issues would arise, but they didn't!

Quick picture for you...

123s2fl.jpg

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
The size of the plate is not a problem.

It's the letters that have to confirm to the standard size regulations.

If you have an 'showplates' made up use them for the shows only if thats not stating the obvious! lol

nicklaus27

Sep 1, 2009
As said, you can have the plate as big or as small as you want, just as long as the font is the Legal size, and there is the correct spacing between, with the manufactures address or postcode on it somewhere too, other than that the worlds your oyster really! lol

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Yep as above ^ ^ ^

The physical size of the plate doesn't matter providing your number plate displays the correct:

•character height - 79 millimetres
•character width - 50 millimetres (except the figure 1 or letter I)
•character stroke - 14 millimetres
•space between characters - 11 millimetres
•space between groups - 33 millimetres
•top, bottom and side margins - minimum 11 millimetres
•space between vertical lines - 19 millimetres

(Taken from DVLA website)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise