Knight85 's *MK4 Ibiza Tdi FR Luna Gray* Full mod list on page 1!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
personally prefer anthracite but im just not a black wheel fan tbh

They arent black, they are dark gray with pearl on top...not best light for it....not sure what to make of them TBH i loved my FR ones but just couldnt justify thr expense at the moment

What profile tyres are on them mate? They look quite high profille.

they are 205/40/17...think thats the correct size...if i went 35 they would have no rim protection

I think they look awful so I should have them ;)

haha cheers

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Look nice, but personally i prefer the fr ones.

cheers, each to their own! I did love my FR ones but just cant justifythe cost of two...im gonna get one straighten out and then buy another one in time, to either sell as a set or put back on!

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Like them! Car seems to sit nicely on them too. If I'm honest, I prefer the design of the vRS Spiders over the FRs... I just prefer the colour of your old FRs.

Nothing a quick respray wouldn't fix ;)

Aimez

Our cars are back being brothers again lol! Mine are anthracite hard to take pics light needs to be right they look black in alot of my pics. They are the correct tyre size mine came with the original tyres on 50 profile waaaay to fat to fit on the car lol! They are easy to curb thou mine were unscathed foe 2 years then in the space of about 3 months they got ruined by me parking in a stress and in a rush on a busy road grrr!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Our cars are back being brothers again lol! Mine are anthracite hard to take pics light needs to be right they look black in alot of my pics. They are the correct tyre size mine came with the original tyres on 50 profile waaaay to fat to fit on the car lol! They are easy to curb thou mine were unscathed foe 2 years then in the space of about 3 months they got ruined by me parking in a stress and in a rush on a busy road grrr!

haha bother and sister?

Yeah mine are a dark gray...thought i would go darker...will take better shots this weekend!

i like how big the 312mm sit behind it!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Like them! Car seems to sit nicely on them too. If I'm honest, I prefer the design of the vRS Spiders over the FRs... I just prefer the colour of your old FRs.

Nothing a quick respray wouldn't fix ;)

cheers mate, will take better shots this week sometime to see colour better...although a respray maybe as i seem to agree with you a bit!

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Personally I think the facelift FR wheels looked nicer on your car. The vRS wheels would look a lot nicer if they were a lighter colour. The colour they are atm makes them look small

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Personally I think the facelift FR wheels looked nicer on your car. The vRS wheels would look a lot nicer if they were a lighter colour. The colour they are atm makes them look small

cheers, think you may be right, still have two FR ones in my garage and one that has a flat spot so will get that sorted then im just one alloy down,

may give it a month or two to decide on a spray job, may do it myself, if i dont curb them haha

The wheel do look really good in the flesh, and fill the arches better, will wash and wax the car tomorrow and take some shots,

I kinda feel like "better the devil you know" and gone with what i know i like, but these were a good price and got me out of a fix!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
I like them mate! Need a couple of paving slabs in the boot though :p

cheers mate, rear does sit about 20mm to high, when im in it and the issues it sits better haha

glad you like them, lot of people are not convienced, but i was in a right pickle and needed somthing cheapish and quick...

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Think you have come out of it pretty well tbh, 17 inch spiders look nice. Aimez has pulled them off well too and ash's old ibiza always looked mint! If they havnt cost you much, then even better :p

dont let you missus hear you say she levels the car out either haha

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Think you have come out of it pretty well tbh, 17 inch spiders look nice. Aimez has pulled them off well too and ash's old ibiza always looked mint! If they havnt cost you much, then even better :p

dont let you missus hear you say she levels the car out either haha

Yeah cheers, they look alright will change colour I think in future but i neefed something to get Mr back on the road, I'm not even sure how long I'm gonna have the car now, perhaps another 6 months?

P.s. she only levels it when I chuck her in the boot

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
Yeah cheers, they look alright will change colour I think in future but i neefed something to get Mr back on the road, I'm not even sure how long I'm gonna have the car now, perhaps another 6 months?

P.s. she only levels it when I chuck her in the boot

bare me in mind if you decide to sell the spiders

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
oh scott will do!

what do you think, you always have pretty good opinons on things, they have settle over the weekend and have giving the whole car a whole wash and wx and tbh they look pretty good!

i imaging its a case of "photos dont do them justice" my first thought were 'there black' i really dont like black wheels, only suited in certain cars etc. they look very dark but i bet in life they look good, personally if thats not the case i would lighten them up but hey, each to there own, if you like em then :thumbup:

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
i imaging its a case of "photos dont do them justice" my first thought were 'there black' i really dont like black wheels, only suited in certain cars etc. they look very dark but i bet in life they look good, personally if thats not the case i would lighten them up but hey, each to there own, if you like em then :thumbup:

cheers, they are an off grey but have seen a few other cars with them and they lookeda ce, hence why going with the colour, they are really growing on me, have taken few more photos so may put them up

Aimez

yeh people think mine are black you can see what colours mine are in the close up pic in my sig but in the pics from further away they look black. They won't be for much longer thou.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
few more pics,

hopefully you can see the alloys more!

P1080704.jpg

P1080691.jpg

P1080694.jpg

P1080695.jpg

P1080697.jpg

P1080700.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.