Model of the Sat Nav in a Sport Tech

Irksome

Feb 27, 2011
Can you get any more detail - I can't find any reference to a Kenwood unit on the Exeo?

Irksome

Feb 27, 2011
I called SEAT UK today - no other option but the Pioneer - they now suggest that the Media System E (RNS) is not going to be available again ever.

I just wonder if Seat are going to announce a new 'RNS' system (the one from the B8 Audi) in the next few weeks / months - if so I want it :-0

GeorgeMog

Jul 5, 2011
Got my new Exeo sport tech yesterday and my initial impressions of the Pioneer unit are that it is ok. I have to admit that I was pretty concerned having read this thread.

I was told by the dealer that there was a modification fitted to the installation that solves the issue with whistling on the unit. The dealers had been notified earlier this week. I am assuming that it was some kind of suppressor. So far I haven't noticed any noises.

IMHO the bezel around the unit does actually match the mat black finish of the console so it doesn't look out of place in the car.

The fantastic news is that he iPhone/iPod integration is brilliant. Having had AUDI's for the past 12+ years and the Dension iPod adapter, it is so nice to be able to access all my music not just 6 playlists worth. Yes having the track display on DIS would be useful, but technically it might be a bit difficult to fit track names into the limited display available. The AVIC-F930BT touchscreen more than makes up for this, since it displays album artwork. Video works off the iPhone a treat and the picture is really clear. I am now looking forward to that channel tunnel trip and relaxing with a TV program that I have recorded.

The radio reception doesn't seem that great, compared to the AUDI concert units, but I haven't had a chance to set the FM presets to RDS stations yet so am not sure if it is really an issue. I will get a chance to play with it more today.

The real downer is that the user manual is supplied as a CDROM. A bit dumb from my point of view because you can't easily read it when you are in the car. Having read the manual, the auto eq function requires a separate microphone Pioneer CD-MC20. $17.99 US + $50 shipping. It fits into the Aux input in the glove box and is used to calibrate the car. To me this seems like an expensive accessory which will only get used a couple of times.

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
Interesting that they say it's no longer available.

Wonder if they'll upgrade it to the DAB one you can have in the high spec Leon? Be nice if they did...

tja198a

Feb 27, 2011
andover, hampshire
it is that kenwood sat nav system he dint relies it wasn't available to the exeo

but on the plus side there is now a fix for the pioneer sat nav so contact your dealers Monday it's a grounding device simple plug and play so won't take long to fit!

Irksome

Feb 27, 2011
Got my new Exeo sport tech yesterday and my initial impressions of the Pioneer unit are that it is ok. I have to admit that I was pretty concerned having read this thread.

I was told by the dealer that there was a modification fitted to the installation that solves the issue with whistling on the unit. The dealers had been notified earlier this week. I am assuming that it was some kind of suppressor. So far I haven't noticed any noises.

IMHO the bezel around the unit does actually match the mat black finish of the console so it doesn't look out of place in the car.

The fantastic news is that he iPhone/iPod integration is brilliant. Having had AUDI's for the past 12+ years and the Dension iPod adapter, it is so nice to be able to access all my music not just 6 playlists worth. Yes having the track display on DIS would be useful, but technically it might be a bit difficult to fit track names into the limited display available. The AVIC-F930BT touchscreen more than makes up for this, since it displays album artwork. Video works off the iPhone a treat and the picture is really clear. I am now looking forward to that channel tunnel trip and relaxing with a TV program that I have recorded.

The radio reception doesn't seem that great, compared to the AUDI concert units, but I haven't had a chance to set the FM presets to RDS stations yet so am not sure if it is really an issue. I will get a chance to play with it more today.

The real downer is that the user manual is supplied as a CDROM. A bit dumb from my point of view because you can't easily read it when you are in the car. Having read the manual, the auto eq function requires a separate microphone Pioneer CD-MC20. $17.99 US + $50 shipping. It fits into the Aux input in the glove box and is used to calibrate the car. To me this seems like an expensive accessory which will only get used a couple of times.

George, great to hear your thoughts, but I'm still not convinced :cry:

Don't you miss the directions on the DIS? I know for certain I am going to sorely miss having a digital speedo on the DIS, but from my quick go in an Exeo ST I thought the directions on the DIS were very useful.

Ha ! not only is it not the pioneer unit....because they thought it might the pioneer then no RNS discs ordered - so will take the car and theyll order the discs in ! Still think I would have prferred the pioneer unit - altohugh if they are having to fit 2 supressors then doesnt bode well for it??? or is that just normal. jUst itching to get in it and DRIVE

MisterW

Apr 7, 2011
My car arrived at the dealers on a Tuesday and the discs weren't available when I picked it up on a Friday. They were there by the following Thursday though.
I must admit I like the DIS integration with the RNS-E. As someone else suggested, the audio track display is limited by the space available but the phone book display is great. Having the NAV information, particularly the bargraph countdown to turnings, in your eyeline is really good.

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
I spoke to the dealer (who's also a good friend) that's ordering mine, he said that there are no bulletins relating to supply issues of the factory unit. Going to wait until Monday and see if there is any further update on it.

As an aside, SEAT UK called and said they are delivering a demo ST SE Tech on Monday 1st August, for a week. I like it :)

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
Anything with a build date later than week 26 will have the factory unit. If you were to order one now, it would get a week 37 build.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.