V5 Air Con

RoddersV5

Jun 27, 2011
Reading, Berkshire
Quick question, and one which I probably know the answer to, but like to ask just to be sure.
The A/C - Climate on my Tolly (2003) doesn't blow cold, the compressor doesn't engage, not that I can hear anyway, but the fans spin (internal and external).. So I am thinking that a regas would be on the cards, and all will be savvy..
Are the A/C systems prone to failure of any parts.? Just want to be armed with the right info, sould the worst happen. Cheers.

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
Sorry to be the bearer of (potential) bad news but if the compressor isn't kicking in it could be the compressor clutch that is broken. These are prone to failure and simply falling off! This happened to mine and was quoted £900 to fix. Would be cheaper with 2nd hand parts but they might fail again. I just decided to live with opening the windows instead!
Before I discovered this was the problem I took it to kwick fit for a regas as they offered money back if there was no improvement - needless to say there wasn't so it didn't cost me anything so could be worth a try just in case that's all that it needs.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.