Door speakers

GtiBoy

DubbedOut Owner
May 5, 2009
Botswana
www.dubbedoutclub.tk
What door speakers are people running?

As i have a slight problem. I have some Vibe door speakers which i have had for ages and they are very good so i dug them out an fitted them only problem is i can't get the plastic speaker cover over the top of them even after cutting a few bits off the speaker :D

Just wondered what components people are running in there doors as i would like some decent ones but don't wanna have them on show.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I've got the standard ones up front to take care of treble and mids, got some 6x9's in the rear shelf for the deep stuff.

Works quite well that way I've found as the fronts always distort and vibrate the door cards when you put too much bass through them.

Pioneer do custom fit components for VAG's so might be worth a look.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
i had some ground zeros bought them from local motorfactors checked em online i payed 30 notes RRP was 180 I <3 discounts cos im so cheap!

awesome sounding components. i drilled my doorcards to fit the tweets and they sounded great!

JacketJ

Jul 13, 2008
Hampshire
I am running a set of JBL component speakers upfront. Speakers in the door and the tweeters are in the dash. I dont have the grille on that came with the speakers and I get the standard grille part on no problem.

I used JBL components in my old Ibiza too, fitted in the doors perfectly and had the crossovers and tweeters hidden where the original dash speakers went. Sounded great, still need to get around to fitting them to the new one.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members