Kangaroo-ing

Gazza_24

Sep 4, 2009
Could someone shed any info for me please?

Yesterday I got stuck in a bit of stop/start traffic so I was just plodding along.

In 1st gear at around 2-2.5k revs my car started what I can only describe as a kangarooing effect, it's not due a service for another couple of k's.

Also when I went out in it tonight and it done the same thing again in 1st gear while crawling along :confused::confused::confused:

Any ideas why???

Cheers.

Gaz.......

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Common Fault with these mate alot of ours do it aswell! Is yours Standard or Modified?

Modified ones mainly do it but not unheard of on Non-Modified

Gazza_24

Sep 4, 2009
Standard barring a piper X panel filter, Seems strange that it's only just started doing it :(

Goot

There Can Be Only One!
Sep 9, 2002
Cheshire
Guess what, I've had the same problem on my way home from work this evening! Kangaroo-ing between 1.5k-2k rpm in 1st gear in stop-start traffic (I can't get to 2.5k rpm as I'm being thrown around to much!)

Also does it occasionally in 2nd gear. If I try and put my foot down, major hesitation then the car responds. Engine up to temp (running for 10-15mins)

Had my car serviced on Monday (30k/3yr) so doubt its that. The only difference for me is I've got a full tank of Shell V-Power Diesel (done 50 miles on it). Usuallly use Shell Fuelsave Diesel + Millers Diesel EcoMax.

I need to give it a hard run on the motorway over the weekend to see it thats clears it.

Other than that, thought it might be a valve or something sticking, or blocking?

It's definately not DPF re-generating/trying to.

2008 FR TDI (Standard)

Goot :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise