Cupra Hubs

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
No worries, The hubs and bottom arms are the same as the S3, probably to counter the extra weight of the brakes which are v v heavy

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
There was talk of a 355 or similar 6 pot version for the K04 lads but obviously never came about.

Didnt catch that one... Will have a word with Dave. If it means leaving my car in Uk after summer leave until new year with no brakes on and waiting for a 6pot version, so be it.

Just means having to endure the Lupo agian :( lol

Im a bit disheartened hearing it may not be upto track work on a 360bhp st2+

Its no doubt an outstanding setup and suits my current budget, will see how it performs when I frequent Donnington in the new year.

Although if I make significant weight loss without effecting practicality too much it will help

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Oh knowing Dave there'll be up to the job for sure but if you read that thread where hes talking to gaz about a bigger version.

Im sure in another thread agez ago there was mention of a bigger setup.

You will defo notice the weight saving in the brakes though. The R32 setup is crazy heavy.

Last edited:

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Mike there are issues with fitting TTarms with s3/cupra hubs. The ball joints sit on the under side of the arm and foul the alloy hubs on anything close to full lock. They can be placed on the top of the arm and there will be no contact then between the parts but they were not engineered to fit like that. There is a knurled surface on the upper side of the balljoint that is supposed to come into contact with the arm, and stops the parts slipping under shock/load. If the ball joints are placed on the top of the arms the knurled surface is redundant and the 2 parts could potentially slip, although they are bolted together with a locking plate and 3 nuts + bolts.

On the Mk5 forum there is a guy who has fitted them like this without any issues so far. There might not be any problems but its worth knowing.

Last edited:

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
TT arm and ball joint top
S3 arm and ball joit bottom

PA240303.jpg

PA240302.jpg

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Flawed design that one ;)

Danish (Jake) is the man on the Mk5 forum who has the TT arms with S3 hubs. He's happy with them the way they are, and they are probably fine. Might be worth popping him a PM if you want to know more.

They should weigh the same as your alloy cupra arms or maybe a tad more because of the beefier ball joints. The extra camber should come in handy tho . . .. .

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.