Pioneer & iPod connector

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
Hi all,

As my motor will arrive on Wednesday with the Pioneer unit, I thought I'd make the best of it and get an iPod and leave it permanently in the car.

Can those of you who have the Pioneer unit, let me know what iPods are compatible? I was hoping to pick up a second hand one from ebay - even one of the first or second gen ones would do as it'll be hidden away - but want to check compatibility first.

I like the idea of the album art being displayed. :)

Cheers
Matt

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
They should all work.
They did change the voltage in the later apple products so you may need a converter of ebay, but they are cheap if you do.

tja198a

Feb 27, 2011
andover, hampshire
other good thing is with an iPhone if you can't be bothered to plug it in you can play music via Bluetooth as well and the handsfree ant crap like some are it's clear and the other person hears you fine which I've found that's the worst thing about them before

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
Yeah that's cool, although streaming music over A2DP (via Bluetooth) hammers your battery life!

I've got an aftermarket Bluetooth (Nokia) in my C5 and it works fine with no audio issues either way. My Citroen Dispatch van has factory BT and amusingly I can stream music from my iPhone to that too!

Got an ancient Nokia CK7W kit in my Fabia vRS too, audio all good.

Simon H

I am thinking of getting the Iphone though...some really nice features you can integrate with the Pioneer unit.

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
well we used iphone and ipod touch in ours works ok even plays movies from them, sadly my droid is outta luck have to use the audio jack, take off the ipod leads as the aux socket and usb in the car are not wired up with the pioneer, that been so even the usb from the unit will not charge me droid, no idea why.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.