Has anyone fitted a OMP bolt in cage?

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
Just purchased above for a Leon Cupra R 2005 and would really appreciate some advice/information from anyone that has actually purchased and fitted one ideally to the same model.

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
So far not so good!

I was always going to get someone else to weld in plates to car but then expected it to be a pretty straight forward bolt in or even well it in.

In reality i finally after struggling got it into car yesterday expecting to simply mark up where plates need to be welded to car but it is not as straightforward as that as to put it simply it isn't a great fit at all for the car:(
I could go through all the issues but put simply it doesn't line up well in correct position,in any of the fixing points,and weld in plates supplied alone will not be enough to successfully fit it.
I am now going to take mine to someone next week that is capable of modifying fixing points and plates as required to make it fit.If I hadn't already bought it I would have paid extra and gone to someone else to get one custom fitted.Hopefully i'll feel differently once its fitted,assuming where i'm taking it reckon its sensible to do so? I'll let you know how I get on.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
You'll be hard pressed to find any bolt in cage that fits perfectly, done 4 cage installs myself 2 of which where OMP ones and they were not straightforward fit but being a welder/fabricator by trade its was easily sorted and had the means to do so.

its alot of faffing about trial fitting - has your cage got clevis connections for the diagonal & door bars?

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
You'll be hard pressed to find any bolt in cage that fits perfectly, done 4 cage installs myself 2 of which where OMP ones and they were not straightforward fit but being a welder/fabricator by trade its was easily sorted and had the means to do so.

its alot of faffing about trial fitting - has your cage got clevis connections for the diagonal & door bars?

Shame your so far away [i'm somerset] you could have done mine!
Clevis connections? what are these? Basically there is brackets that have to be welded on to two of the bars and then door bar bolted to each bracket.
There are 6 foot fixing points/plates which have 3 or 4 bolt holes in each.
As i don't intend to ever remove cage [set up as track car] i was planning on actually getting the foot plates welded to the reinfircement plated in car rather than bolting.Also although still probably bolting together two halves of cage [top of cage,near roof] using sleeve and bolts/nuts supplied,i was planning to get this extra secured with some welding at least round as far as accessable while fitted in car.
I'm assuming this would save a bit of weight,possibly bit more rigid and no drilling of holes required.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Ive had one come from the east midlands for my services!

That sounds like a typical OMP cage with the sleaves, clevis connections are what you describe, rubbish idea IMO, you may as well scollap the ends of the CDS and weld directly to the uprights.

if the base plates are 100mm2 then I suppose you could get away with welding the feet directly to the floor but you'll still have to plate in where their's gaps

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.