Want to make my 'LEON' lettering black

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
As the title says.

I'm in the process of ridding my FR from all that is chrome. Was wondering what the best plan of attack is?

DBD19

Feb 9, 2011
think i can answer that one for you

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

20110728_45.jpg

wrappoing is the answer.............and obviously reversible if you wish

all chrome is banished from my motor!!!!

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
Done pretty much the same mate :D

Only chrome left is the rear badge ( which I'll do tomorrow) and the 'LEON' lettering.

I'm wanting to keep the LEON lettering, but just have it in gloss black.

Not sure if the best way will be to buy some new lettering badges and then get them sprayed. I've got plenty of vinyl wrap, just it would mean taking the letters off, wrapping them, then trying to reapply them.

Just wrapped my rear bumper insert last weekend and have now just fitted my pressed plates. Looks loads better and also made me noticed how way out of centre my original dealer fitted plates were!

EDIT:

Just noticed, have you wrapped your windows too ?

Last edited:

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
I'll take some pics tomorrow mate, but they're miles better than the Arnold Clark plates it had on which were peeling away!

Paid £27 for the plates and £14 for the plate surrounds. Just wanted the plain surrounds as I think they suited the car better.

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
It's like when I got the car remapped and I told her it was only £300. It was only when the credit card bill came in she found out it was £400.

But I'm getting better mpg, so by the year 2015 it'll of paid for itself. And no that didnt go down well. lol

Gadgetboy

Aug 8, 2010
Durham
Sounds like a plan. My next purchase is gonna be a rear spoiler, guessing sere is the best place to get one, then get it fitted locally

Once the seat badge and Leon lettering is black I'll be happy :)

Last edited:

Cupraboy4

CUPRA TDi
Mar 20, 2006
WEST MIDS
think i can answer that one for you

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

20110728_45.jpg

wrappoing is the answer.............and obviously reversible if you wish

all chrome is banished from my motor!!!!

Love it mate!! how did u do the fron grill? was it a new 1 or u do it yourself? defo wana do that to mine!!!

DBD19

Feb 9, 2011
Love it mate!! how did u do the fron grill? was it a new 1 or u do it yourself? defo wana do that to mine!!!

the grill is the original........chrome

removed wrapped satin black and reinstalled

seat badge wrapped in situ....

prefer wrapping to paint as its reversible and dont want to affect resale opportunities etc.

Deleted member 65851

Sounds like a plan. My next purchase is gonna be a rear spoiler, guessing sere is the best place to get one, then get it fitted locally

Once the seat badge and Leon lettering is black I'll be happy :)

Hi pal

Did you find that after applying the wrap it left a rough feel to the black wrap?
The plastic as standard is rough you see just wondering

Gaz

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.