Say "Hello", to Tictac.

blueclouduk

This is Tictac. My nice and new Altea XL.

I got her through the Motability scheme just 3 weeks ago and I've already covered 900 miles.

As the car is technically not mine, I have to restrain myself from doing everything I want to change how she looks.

So far the mods have been very subtle:

• Debadge tailgate - I'm already big enough thank you, I don't need the "XL" to remind me. :p

• Change front indicator bulbs to "Silvatech". The fried egg effect isn't huge, but I wasn't 100% happy.

• I wanted to change the indicator repeaters to off-the-shelf items but they seem to be rarer than hen's teeth. The tint spray was cheaper in the end.

• Respray the front grille. The hardest job so far. Not least because removing the grille is a pig. Was given some very good advice regarding the chrome trim, and it worked. :D

• The final mod (for now) has been to paint front and rear calipers. I painted the calipers on my last car and it made a huge difference when it came to cleaning. The last lot were gold. Red suits the Seat so much more.

I still have to fit a towbar and order the wiring from SERE.

I'm in two minds as to which way to go with the window tints. At the moment I don't think the glass behind the B-pillar is dark enough. So either get an extra tint film added, or buy made-to-measure blinds. The overall cost is about the same. Anyone out there got any experience of either method?

5994870542_a0414ff103_b.jpg

5994870842_e64fbf52ec_b.jpg

5994311333_0926207030_b.jpg

In case you're wondering why she's called Tictac; it's because she's mint. :whistle:

blueclouduk

I forgot to mention that I'll be fitting a Brodit mount for my Tomtom on the front dash. I also need to find a way to hide the charging cable. Any suggestions?

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
I forgot to mention that I'll be fitting a Brodit mount for my Tomtom on the front dash. I also need to find a way to hide the charging cable. Any suggestions?

I had an additional 12V socket wired in behind the panel under the stering wheel and then ran the cable up the side of the dash to the corner of the screen for the TomTom.

Had it on the Leon, the XL and just had it done on the Kuga!

Enjoy the car, got rid of mine a couple of weeks ago after 3.5 years of very happy motoring in it.